Chapter Two: The Decision To Not Fall (Part 2)

Ishan's P

Ishan's P.O.V

Shubh and Isha seemed to get along really well; in an unintentionally rude way, Naina and I were just sort of in the background after a point. Well, maybe not Naina, Naina was being a smartmouth every now and then. Giving her unwanted yogdaan to the conversation like film stars in Parliament.

Although when it came to me, she didn't spare a glance, not a word. Did I smash your son's head in with a football, lady? Shubman managed to get some respect out of her, like in one sentence out of every ten. I bet she'd be nicer if we were three years olds instead of twenty three.

How did Isha deal with her? Maybe she was the same and was just too smitten by Shubman tonight to act bitchy. I chuckled a little too loudly, earning a look from everyone else at the table. An exceptionally judgey one from Naina, iced with her favourite eye roll at the end.

"Stop that," I said assertively, just earning a 'WTF?' look from her but no words. Maybe if I kept quiet, she'd be compelled to say something, use her words finally. She just looked at me expectantly for an answer to her look, before giving me a half eye roll this time. Fortunately or unfortunately for her she wasn't my girl; with the way she enjoyed this skill of hers, I'd have made sure she mastered it- Na, what the fuck was wrong with me? No proper dialogue with other humans for twenty minutes and my brain was driving off a cliff into a nudist beach.

I was having the specialest of nights with this plate of manchurian prawns in front of me, who needed people? And mean people who kept making faces at you. That paneer on Naina's plate was not tastier, maybe her grumpiness was synonymous with her being a vegetarian.

"So we were just here for a match last night," Shubman started.

"Yeah, I know, and you were amazing!" Isha responded excitedly. So much twinkle in those eyes, Akshay Kumar could feel threatened.

"Thank you so much!" Shubman said shyly.

Watching people fall in love after coming out of a relationship yourself was so funny. You felt like a senior citizen who had experienced all the perils of life and were watching little children go through them after you. These were repetitive phases though; on some days you would be making the best memories of your life with a believed 'life partner', on others you would watch other people make those memories, cause the partner you believed wasn't for life after all.

It was coming close to 6 months after Dhriti and I broke up. She was a turmoil to say the least, mentally especially. When the thought of her crossed my mind, it pushed out whatever philosophies I had about love and relationships. For the sake of the happy couples, maybe soulmates existed. But it wasn't something I expected to find every morning when I woke up. Love was a game for most people, and the rest of us who took it seriously ended up getting played.

"When are you guys leaving?" Isha asked Shubman.

"Tomorrow afternoon.

"Toh kal subah training bhi nahi hogi then, I'm guessing?"