Chapter One: The Decision To Not Fall (Part 1)

Third Person's P

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Third Person's P.O.V

Last Sunday

"So there are two teams with 11 players each-"

"I know. how many cricketers play in a team, Ishaa."

"Then what is the problem, Nainaa?"          

"I find the sport boring, that's the problem."

"Ek match ke liye baithke toh dekh, I promise it'll be so much fun!" Isha said excitedly, trying her best to convince Naina. She had managed to drag her best friend to watch a match of a sport she clearly didn't give a damn about, but now she wanted to actually try to get her to like it.

It was an IPL match between Gujarat Titans and Mumbai Indians, featuring of course Isha's starboy Shubman Gill. Isha wished Naina could feel the immense joy she felt every time Shubman came to the field and absolutely owned a million people's hearts for an hour or so, had the crowd roaring at every ball he hit out of the park, winning it for the team every time. And not just for his IPL team; the young lad had so quickly become the heartbeat of the national team as well. With him, the country had faith they were in good hands. Virat would eventually hand over the baton, and there was no one else who deserved it more than Shubman. If only Naina could see and feel these things too.

"Haan toh aa toh gayi main, what more do you want?" Naina tried to make her point.

"I want you to have fun also, punishment ki tarah thodi layi hoon tujhe," Isha said.

"Woh mere mann ke upar hai if it decides it is a punishment or enjoyment."

"Ugh okay, ab chal, I don't want to miss a single over today." Naina rolled her eyes but kept walking with Isha. Isha was trying to educate Naina about the importance of cricket to the country, the legends of the game, marketing it to her best friend so passionately as if she was getting paid for it. Naina who was already understanding so little from this extra class she didn't sign up for, got left behind somewhere along the way. Her attention had gone to a boy of about 5 years standing a little far from them.

Naina who had been casually observing this little boy rushed to him when she witnessed what she'd call the most frustrating and cruel indirect interaction. A guy about her age, likely rushing towards the stadium as well, walked towards the child at full speed, knocking him down in the process. Oh but he didn't slow down or stop, he just kept going; because wouldn't that have been too kind now?

"Seriously?" Naina said irritatedly, more to herself since the person it was intended for wasn't in hearing distance anymore. She quickly attended to the child, helping him up while checking for injuries.

"Aap ko kahin lagi toh nahi?" she asked, inspecting his face worriedly. "Nai," the little boy shook his head, not showing any signs of pain, fortunately for Naina.