chapter 11

JIDDERH  P.O.V

As I started walking towards the gate, I suddenly heard a voice ask, "Where are you going?"

My heart started racing, and I began to shiver.

"That is the end of you, jidderh" I whispered under my breath.

I stood there like a fool, my gaze fixed on the floor....

It was Faiha. She looked at me confused, taking her phone from her ear....

Was she making  call by this time at the balcony ? I questioned myself....

"Where are you going?" she asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Am... Am... Am... My voice fails me..."

"So you're trying to run away from home?" Faiha asked with a confused face...

I started shivering and my heart beat faster than a second.

I kept mute, unable to utter a word...

She dragged me by my hijab to the parlor and forcefully opened the door, causing me to stumble and fall on the ground...

"So little bitch, you're trying to run away from home? When did you start prostitution?" She questioned while sitting on the sofa...

"Don't ever call me a prostitute," I said, standing up from the floor.

"You are a prostitute. If you were not a prostitute, why would you run away from home?" she questioned, standing from the sofa and facing me.

I remained silent, giving her a weary glare.

"Faiha, please stop interfering in my life," I pleaded, pointing a finger at her.

"You little thief, who knows, maybe you stole something which is why you are running away at this time," she said through gritted teeth.

"You know very well that I am not a thief," I replied.

"But you, you are a liar. You are always trying to please your mother. You are a witch," I poured out my frustration.

"And you, you are a filthy orphan with nothing,You are the witch, not me, You bewitched my dad and Now you're bewitching my sister, who knows, maybe you inherited it from your mother," she said facing me.

I hate it when people talk about my late parents. Tears started streaming down my face.

"What?" I exclaimed.

I was very angry. I don't know the time that ,I gave her a very dirty slap.

"How dare you insult my late parents. I've heard enough from you," I said, still angry.

"Did you just slap me?" she questioned, holding her cheek.

"Yes, and I will do it over and over again if you dare insult my late parents," I said, trying to stay strong.

"Then watch and see," she said.

To my surprise, she shouted Aunt Maryam's name...

"Mum, Mum, Mum"...

Aunt Maryam, who was deeply asleep, heard her name being called. She was shocked and immediately ran to the sitting room...

Ya Allah, I'm finished. My heart jumped as soon as I heard Aunt's footsteps approaching. I didn't know what to do, so I started crying...

"What's wrong?" Aunt asked with tired eyes, sitting on the sofa..

"Everything is wrong, Mum. How could you believe this stupid girl robbed me, took my money, slapped me, and tried to run away from home? But then I caught her," Faiha said.