12 - After-heat

Eudora woke up when the sun was at its peak, the hot rays beaming through a window and straight into her face. She pressed her face towards her dry grass in an attempt to get the sun out of her eyes. But instead of her face meeting the slightly scratchy grass, she felt the warm muscly flesh of a slightly hairy chest. As she noticed the body opposite her she felt the body's arms wrapped around her, and the other body on her other side, a little smaller than the first one but just as large.

It was Bart and Shuu. Eudora blushed when she remembered what happened the night before.

She heard Shuu snoring lightly while Bart softly breathed onto the top of her head.

"Good morning, my love," whispered Bart, smiling slightly as she felt a shiver go up her spine.

"Morning," she repeated smiling at him.

The eldest wolf prince started to trace the pattern of a wolf on her right side boob.

"Is that where your mark is?" Eudora questioned.

"Yes, my brother's is on your other side, on your left." He answered.

She looked down at them. Bart was the left in a prowling pose, while Shuu on the right was sitting with a snarl. Her first marks, well, Bart had been first but she classed Shuu as one of her firsts.

The young blonde female smiled before realising what was happening.

"You are not supposed to be sleeping in my room," she reminded a playful smirk on her face.

Bart pouted childishly and whispered, "But who was supposed to keep you warm last night, and who was supposed to wipe your body when you were exhausted from our activities." He smirked at her surprised face, she didn't expect him to speak so dirtily to her.

She pushed him away in return and flipped over to snuggle into Shuu, who was know awake and cuddled back.

"I am hungry, get me some food and I might about forgiving you for sleeping in my room." She said, turning her head around and grinning wickedly at him.

He pouted at her and went off to do as she said.

As soon as he left, Eudora jumped up, startling Shuu, who had had his face in her hair.

"The same goes for you Shuu, I haven't forgiven you yet."

The younger wolf prince hung his head in shame.

***

Eventually, Bart had arrived with an already-cooked piece of meat. They ate together and devised a plan.

If Eudora was or would be pregnant then she would give at the end of the Hot Season, so before that they had to find and move into a house between the wolf and leopard territories, with enough room for them to build lots of things and close enough to a water source.

They realized Eudora had stopped bleeding so they went back to her bedroom, and took turns, mating cleaning then hunting for food, and so on.

On the fifth day of this cycle, Eudora's heat would officially end. It would take another 10 sun cycles before they could tell if she was pregnant which they hoped and prayed she was.

***

Eudora yet again woke up, hot, tired and sore.

It had been 10 days since her heat ended, and the night before they had decided to visit Harvey.

The young female, who was trapped between the beats ofrm Shuu, and the beatsman Bart, shook them awake.

"Wake up, its today, we need to go see harvey." she demanded, bouncing on the spot.

Bart, who had immediately jumped up and went to get their sun rise meal.

Eudora had grown up quite lonely, while William and Harvey were out doing their healer duties and her chief was doing his. Eudora was left by herself. Because of this she didn't get food whenever she got hungry like most females, her father would split it up into three meals, sun rise, sun peak, and sun fall.

The young female liked doing it that's way, with a schedule, so she continued to do it, even if she had access to good all day and night.

By the time Bart got back with the cooked meat, Eudora was washed and clothed and ready to visit her brother.

They ate together Shuu and Eudora chatting excitedly about her having pups. Bart sat there in misery, being the less sociable of the two, Eudora was quicker to forgive Shuu due to his large puppy eyes and talkative personality.

By the time the sun was perfectly between peak and rise, the three had journeys to Harvey's hut, a small place where he served females as well as lived.

"Harvey!" Eudora called as Bart knocked on the door. "Come out, Harvey hurry."

"I am coming, calm down." He called back.

The leopard opened the door, he looked similar to Eudora in the normal way that all leopards looked alike. Like pale blonde hair, sly cat like eyes, though Eudoras were green and his were blue, and a thin frame.

He ushered them in. "I need to check on Eve after you, she has also finished her heat and needs to be checked for pregnancy." He said quickly.

Eudora lied on the raised bed and let Harvey touch her stomach. He rubbed some kind of cool mixture on her and started breathing deeply, trying to smell a different scent on her.

"Congratulations, you are pregnant with wolfs, although it is too early to tell who the father is or how many there are. They are definitely healthy though."

Eudora squealed in delight, frightening Harvey at the sudden high pitched noise.

"Wolfs pups usually take two full yellow moons to grow," Shuu said. Yellow moons came around once every 28 suns.

Eudora was happy, in two full yellow moons, she would give birth and her life would be filled with adorable wolf babies and hopefully new suitors.

Authors note

Hi, I am so sorry I haven't been updating frequently, my computer broke so I have been writing on my phone. Which is a lot harder than on laptop.

Anyways, love you all, and as always vote and comment, hopeful my yellow moons thing made sense.