5 - The Royal Bonfire

Mimi, her mates, Eudora, and Harvey had finally arrived back at the Leopard castle, just in time to see the chief and the king come out.

"Eudora, you're back," the chief said, smiling as Eudora rushed to see him.

"And what is this on your neck?" he asked.

"It is a necklace, Papa, it was a gift from a kind panther beastmen we met," Eudora replied, a bright smile on her face.

The chief frowned thinking she didn't know what the gift meant.

"And Mimi taught me about courting and pet beasts, so I don't accidentally accept a male as my mate." The young female continued.

"Oh, that is nice of her. Thank you, my Queen, is there anything I can do to repay you?" he said, slightly smiling in the queen's direction.

 "Oh it is fine, but as repayment, you must come with my mates and I to the royal bonfire, all royals can bring their mate or family. It happens once every season and you must come so I can introduce you to my sons." Mimi smiled mockingly, in the end, the queen would be able to introduce her sons to the young female. After all, she would be a bad mother to let the opportunity of a young unmated female escape her grip. 

The chief sighed, but in the end, nodded slowly. Eudora was excited to meet more females and spend more time with Mimi, just in the short time they knew each other, Eudora had clung to her. 

"Well then, we better head off, it only takes a short time to get there, the ape king is hosting," the leopard king said. 

The chief nodded, and transformed into his beast form and laid down to allow Eudora to get on his back. The king did the same for the queen, but her other mates helped her up.

"We will be there soon, my cubs are already there." the Queen informed as she got on top of her mate.

After a short time, they started to see smoke in the distance, the bonfire must have already started.

As they came to the clearing, the males roared to announce their presence. All heads turned to them, and some males stood up, probably Mimi's cubs, and ran to them.

Eudora jumped down from the father, and he transformed and quickly covered himself with leopard fur.

"My cubs, this is Eudora, she is the daughter of the chief of Camel Hump Village, and she will be staying with us for the night. Before she returns to her village." Mimi declared, before getting lifted off the king, grabbing Eudora, and walking off towards an empty fire in the center of the gathering.

"My Queen, I do not wish to upset you, but you cannot keep grabbing my daughter and walking off. She is young and likely to be taken advantage of." The chief said, with a frown on his face.

"Oh Chief, if you were not rootless I would accept you as a mate for your protectiveness. But do not fear, for you can stay with us this time." Mimi giggled before sitting down and dragging Eudora down with her. The chief just stood there dumbfounded, before too sitting down on the other side of Eudora.

"Let me introduce you to my cubs," Mimi said, still smiling.

Two 17-season cycle-ish old leopards stood in front of them, holding a piece of meat each. 

"Their names are Parker and Patrick, my most powerful cubs, although they are still young,they already have a mark." She bragged, obviously proud of her cubs.

Eudora just nodded, not meeting their eyes, she hoped she did not to make them think she was accepting their courtship.

"cubs, you may leave, Eudora isn't accepting any courtships right now, but perhaps in the future." the older female said hopefully and winked at Eudora. Parker and Patrick let their heads drop and walked away, their meat still in hand.