Chapter 16: Frozen from Trauma

Start from the beginning

Peter is about to swing away but the guy puts a gentle hand on Peters arm, making sure he stays put.

"That bullet hole seems like it's still stuck in you. Let an EMT check it out" the officer argues.

"Oh it is?! Thank you! I didn't notice!" Peter thanks as he releases his arm from the officer and quickly pulls the bullet out. "I would've healed around it, thanks!"

"I uhh you should still be checked out. You need it to be cleaned and-" the officer tries to say.

"In all kindness sir, I'm alright and you should be checking on the pedestrians and the people who are in the store. Make sure they're alright. I promise I'll get it looked at. Have a good day sir!" Peter waves before quickly swinging away.

He thinks back to the man and feels a shudder running down his spine. He feels like his breath had gotten taken away.

"That was gross" Mj comments.

"You read gore but you can't see me pulling a bullet out of myself?" Peter questions through troubling breathing.

"Hey, you alright?" Mj immediately asks, noticing the way he had talked.

"Yeah" Peter chokes out.

He swings down on a rooftop but still can't find it in himself to breathe.

"I'm back, god that was so gross. Dude, what's happening?" Ned asks with wide eyes.

"It seems like you are experiencing a panic attack. I suggest listening to my techniques" Karen explains right before Peter rips his mask off.

He tries to get air into his lungs but ends of coughing on nothing. He stumbles until he's sitting down with his back pressed against the rooftop's ledge.

'He's not here. He's not here. He can't hurt you or dad. He's not here. He's in the Raft. He's gone. He's not here' Peter keeps repeating in his head.

Peters eyes frantically search his surroundings, just incase until he squeezes his eyes shut. He focuses on his breathing, inhaling and holding his breath. After a few seconds, he releases and lets out a cough.

The frantic breathing starts up again so he keeps repeating the process until he can finally breathe normal again. Tears are rolling down his face but he doesn't put the mask back on yet.

He tries to wipe the tears away but more falls until he's crying. He sits there in silence with his own cries being heard. 

It's not long after that he remembers about the bullet wound only to see that it's closing up. He brings his legs up to his chest no matter how bad it hurts, and cries.

'Stupid fucking Obadiah. That man looked just like him! Stupid trauma' Peter thinks angrily in his mind. 'He killed May. He almost killed Dad. He exposed everything from those stupid cameras. I'm stupid for not noticing them.'

"God what's the point of these powers when it's useless?!" Peter practically shouts.

But he knows it's not true. He's just angry at everything he endures because of these powers.

"With great power comes with great responsibility" Uncle Ben had said the day he died.

Peter let's out a sigh, controlling his anger. He looks back down at his leg to see a flash of Obadiahs face. He looks away and wipes his tears.

🕷

"Is Peter here yet? Dinner's almost ready" Wanda asks, still not seeing Peter in the comms.