Chapter 16: Frozen from Trauma

"What the fuck" Abe curses out loud making everyone turn to him.

"Put your phone away and pay attention" Mj snaps at him.

"What is it?" Cindy wonders, ignoring Mj.

"Nothing, never mind" Abe waves off after taking a quick glance at Peter.

"Abe what is it?" Peter asks.

"Social media is just a bitch, you know?" Abe questions.

"Please refrain from cursing Abe, this is the tenth time today I've heard you" Mr. Harrington sighs.

"Put your phone away and focus. Competition is coming up and the school will be here before you know it. We need to be prepared and stop looking at our phones" Mj interrupts, making everyone look at her. "Now, what's the capital of Alaska?" 

🕷

"Hey does anyone know what Abe saw earlier?" Peter wonders.

"It's-" Ned tries to say.

"It's nothing" Mj interrupts.

"Was it the paparazzi or the news reporters?" Peter immediately assumes.

"No! Nothing like that. They didn't post any pictures. Your dad probably took care of them" Ned answers.

"Can you guys please tell me? Is it good or bad?" Peter asks.

"It's nothing to worry about" Mj assures.

"Ned" Peter prompts only for Mj to shove Ned in the rib cage.

"Ow! I didn't even say anything!" Ned complains.

"Guys please" Peter pleads.

"Peter, it's seriously nothing. It's just some stupid people" Mj claims.

"Hey they're releasing a new Spider-Man Lego set tomorrow! Special and limited time only!" Ned gasps.

"That's cool. What's in it?" Peter wonders.

He wants to know what Abe saw on social media and what Mj and Ned are hiding from him but he guesses it's alright if he doesn't know. Maybe it'll be best if he doesn't know.

"One thousand pieces and it looks so cool! I'll send a picture!" Ned assures.

"Peter, there's a robbery two blocks down from you" Karen informs, interrupting the conversation.

"On it!" Peter replies as he swings towards the direction.

He hears people cheering his name from down below but pays no mind as he quickly swings towards the robbery. The alarm to the store gets closer and before he knows it, he's jumping in front of the guy who has a bag full of jewelry.

"You know if you wanted some jewelry, you could've asked a friend to borrow some" Peter informs him.

The man looks up and Peter feels his heart stop.

The man is bald with brown eyes, a beard, and mustache. He has a wide built to him and is tall. He feels himself flinching because the man looks kind of like Obadiah Stane.

Peter hears a gunshot go off and is too slow to realize that the man just shot him. He comes out of his stupor and starts to web the guy up. He takes the bag of jewelry and hands it to the police who are rushing towards him and the guy.

"Spidey we got EMTS on the way. Stay put" the officer demands.

"Oh, I'm fine thank you though sir" Peter thanks.