"For any other person she would've been flying tryna catch 'em but for you she just straight up stood there like a dummy," Kam continued.

"She just mad cause Anija got the nigga she wanted," Kema shrugged.

"Waittt, Jah? Why she on that? I thought he said they ain't talk forreal?" Kam frowned.

"He did but she says something different and she's just so hurt about it. Not only that but she's telling people me and Meer talk, like stay the fuck out my business," Anija rolled her eyes. "I'm boutta cut him off."

"Cut him offfff?" Kam jerked her head back. "What he do?"

"Nothing but I'm just not with the drama. They can have him," She shrugged.

During the weekend, Anija just stopped talking to Jahmeer. She basically ghosted him. What Taylor said really stuck to her and she wasn't up for the drama, especially over a boy. Though she really did like Jahmeer, she started feeling doubts in her mind about if she was good enough for him. She would be damned if they got serious and he left her for the bitches he claimed she didn't have to worry about.

"Unt unttt.. Kema, you in support of this? Cause I'm not," Kam looked at Kema.

"I told her to talk to him and not ghost him but she got her mind made up," Kema said.

"That's wrong Anija... my boy is actually a good person."

"I just wanna protect my peace," Anija said. "I don't wanna catch deep feelings and get hurt in the end. Bitches is already mad that we talk and we not even together yet, that just gives me a red flag."

"Girl them bitches are delusional, don't listen to them. Talk to him about it," Kam said seriously. She had been friends with Jahmeer since her freshman year so she knew the real and she knew that Jahmeer was a genuine person.

"Meer been cheated on before. He experienced heartbreak and I watched it with my own eyes. He finds interest in you and I can tell. He's not even finna play witchu like that," She said.

Anija frowned, now feeling bad. She didn't know that about him. They hadn't got to the stage of where they talked about past relationships. She felt even worse that Kam had to tell her in order for her to snap out of it and actually want to talk to him about how she was feeling.

"Oh... you didn't know all that did you?" Kam made a yikes face, now regretting spilling his business. "You didn't hear it from me."

"There he go right there," Kema pointed.

Anija instantly look up, seeing Jahmeer walking into the cafeteria with a couple of his friends. She was surprised to see him since he wasn't in class today.

Jahmeer felt someone staring at him so he looked around and caught eye contact with Anija. They stared at each other for a while until he looked away, his face didn't change one bit. He didn't even smile.

"Go talk to him," Kema urged.

"He looks mad. I feel like he's gonna ignore me like I did him," Anija said, sadly.

"Isn't it worth a try?"

Anija sighed before carefully getting up. "Don't hurt em now," Kema joked, watching her try to hide the small limp in her walk. Anija turned around and flicked her off before making her way to where Jahmeer was standing.