Intrusion

A/N: Welcome to the next oneshot collection I've planned for TBT! Can't wait to write for the Main 7, but of course, going to kick things off with a little Broppy ;) Think of this first one as a new edition (haha) of my oneshot from Trolls 3.0 "Setting the Mood" (ch 11)

Everything is Rated G!

                            __________________________________________________

Being a queen was a lot of work.

Branch knew this about Poppy, even before she had officially placed the crown on her head and received the title. Seeing King Peppy run Pop village, and then Poppy succeeding him, he could tell that the duties eventually took their toll on the two Trolls.

But, in turn, that's what made quiet moments more appreciated. The times where she'd have a break to share alongside Branch for just the two of them to do as they pleased were always cherished, even if it was something simple like staying in his bunker, cuddled on the couch, eating cupcakes and other sweets while whispering silly but sweet things to one another. Or whether it was something a little more planned, like the picnic date he'd taken her out for that evening.

Twilight had fallen, and the sky was painted a beautiful gradient shade of orange and purple. Stars began to dot the sky, and the glow bugs began to flutter out, adding beauty to the scene around them. Though to Branch, nothing was more beautiful than the sight of the pretty pink-haired Troll that he was proud to call his girlfriend, even if she had a little bit of frosting stuck to her cheek from the cupcake she was eating. But it was not to worry. That's why she had him. He was her partner, the metaphorical king to her queen, and the cupcake-frosting-wiper to her cupcake-frosting-mess.

He chuckled, scooting a little closer and setting his own cupcake down on the picnic blanket so that he could reach up and dab at her cheek with a napkin. She giggled in spite of herself and not being more cautious to not make such a mess eating, and then looked up gratefully into his deep, blue eyes. Branch felt himself entranced by her fuchsia gaze as well, and his hand lingered on her cheek, using his thumb to caress the skin where her cute freckles were. The moment was so perfect – why, it even sounded like there was sweet music going off in his head just from looking at her so.

But... maybe it wasn't just in his head. Poppy blinked, coming out of her trance, and perked an ear. Branch did too, glancing around but not seeing anyone around just yet. Then he heard the voices a little more clearly – four very distinct and recognizable voices - and some rustling in the nearby bushes as an indicator of where it was coming from.

"Oh, oh-oh-oh, yeaheahah, come on, come on

Oh, oh-oh-oh, Sha-la-lala-la, la-lala, mmm-hmmm..."

Not making a whole lot of effort to hide themselves much, Branch and Poppy could see the heads of John Dory, Clay, and Floyd peeking out from behind the bushes, harmonizing a melody, while Bruce took on the main vocals.

"There, you see her,

Sitting there across the way,

She don't got a lot to say, but there's something about her...

And you don't know why but you're dying to try

You wanna, kiss the girl..."

Branch rolled his eyes as his other brothers added their own voices.

"Yeah, you want her,

Look at her you know you do,

It's possible she wants you to,

But there's one way to ask her

One way to ask her

One way to ask her...

Boy, you better do it soon,

No time would be better,

And it don't take a word, not a single word,

Go on, and kiss the girl, kiss the girl..."

Poppy giggled a little at their antics, but then grimaced a little upon seeing the rather annoyed look on Branch's face. She knew that Branch definitely didn't like this. She gently patted his hand. "Hey," she said softly, "we can move somewhere else, you know."

Branch glanced at her a bit deadpanned, but then a slight smirk tugged the corner of his lip. "Actually, I'd rather take the advice."

And before Poppy could question what was going on, she was promptly tugged towards his face, his lips enveloping hers. Poppy sighed gratefully and returned the kiss as an eruption of wolf-whistles and jeering came from the other side of the bush.

"Woo-hoo! Way to go Branch the Heartthrob 2.0!" Bruce called out.

"Cool as ice but with all the spice!" John Dory riffed.

Clay in the meantime elbowed his brothers and gestured out wildly towards the pair. "See? SEE? Serious Boy Clay still has a couple of old tricks up his sleeve!"

"Way to go, Bro meo!" Floyd shouted to Branch encouragingly, clapping his hands.

But Poppy and Branch remained deaf to the brothers, their only focus being on the passion that they ignited between each other.

                            __________________________________________________

A/N: I don't know about you, but when I watched 2023 Little Mermaid earlier this year, my brain kept distracting me by saying "Yo, Sebastian is just Spruce with a Jamaican accent" lmaooo

(also this version of Kiss the Girl is from Descendants 2, it's my fav version :3)