Chapter 2 The Truth

~Storybrooke (Present)~

I saw Henry through the window. Lifeless. Tears were running down my face. My brother was gone. I couldn't believe it. It didn't make any sense. I heard footsteps and saw Regina and Emma coming down the hall. They both started crying. We all walked into the room, ready to say goodbye. Emma leaned down and kissed his forehead, then a beam of light shot through everyone. Memories started flooding back as I remembered who I was. As we all did.

"Emma. I think you broke the curse." Henry said, now sitting up.

"That was true love's kiss." Blue said, and she looked at Regina. "If I were you, your majesty, I'd find a place to hide." Regina walked to Henry, completely ignoring me. I wanted to stop her, but I resisted. 

"No matter what you think. I do love you." Those words she said to him hurt. She never said that to me. She quickly left the room. I felt so many emotions; hurt, sadness, anger, loss. I glanced over and Henry was looking at me. 

"So, this means you're not really my sister." I couldn't think of anything to say. I couldn't tell him the truth without everyone knowing who I was. "Who are you then?"

"I'm sorry, Henry, I can't tell you, but I'm sure you can find my story if you read it again." I hinted at him with a sad smile. 

"Sure, you can. I won't judge you." 

"You might not, but everyone else will." With that, I left the room. I needed to get away, but not without talking to my mother first. I knew where she would be. I was angry, seeing everyone reuniting with their loved ones, was making me miss Hook. As I was thinking, purple smoke engulfed the town. I felt it. Magic was here. I felt the power coursing through me. I had forgotten what it felt like. Even before the curse, I had stopped using it most of the time. I hadn't needed it when I was with Hook. He taught me how to survive on my instincts alone. I got in my truck and started to drive home. I'm not sure what to expect. My mother might have her powers back, but I'm still more powerful. When I got there, my mother was already waiting inside with a smug look on her face.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I shouted, not wasting a minute. "You tore me away from my life! Tore us all away! You took me away from the man I love!" The lights flickered all around the room. My power was causing everything in the room to go haywire. 

"I wanted us to be a family." She argued.

"That wasn't the right way to do it." My hair was changing to orange once again. "Fake memories? Me being a bad person here? How is that any better?"

"I was trying to show you that's who you are! You were born to be bad. You were born to wield great power. You can't just change it."

"Well, I did. I hadn't used magic since I left. Only when I needed to." My mother scoffed.

"Yeah, because you used the pirate to hide behind." I paused. "That's right, I know how he doesn't know the real you. He's going to be quite shocked when he finds out." I knew that look my mother gave. That was the look she gave me when she thought of a new punishment.

"You're not going to go anywhere near him." And then it hit me. He's alive somewhere. "Where is he?" I demanded.

"The Enchanted Forest. There's no way to get back there." I used my magic and started choking her.

"There has to be. We can't just be stuck here for the rest of our lives." I let go of her. She took some deep breaths.

"How do you have your magic?" I laughed.

"I'm more powerful, remember? Or did you forget that? Just like you forgot to mention to Henry that I'm his sister. That you love him more than me. That you completely ignored me at the hospital. You want us to be a family, but you couldn't even say a single word to me." I threw her back against the wall. I felt so angry at her. She ruined my life. My childhood. Everything. I want to hurt her like she hurt me. She deserves to suffer. I could have killed her. That's all I wanted to do. As I stood there, I thought about Henry. How devastated he would be. She might have made my life miserable, but somehow, she loves Henry. Henry would never talk to me again. He'd hate me for the rest of his life. I sighed and backed off.