Chapter 1 Escaped

Start from the beginning

"I'm not you, mother. I hate killing innocent people. I hate making people suffer. I hate this life. I'm done with it. You can't stop me."

"You think you're tough now. Why don't I just get your father here? He'd put a stop to you." I hadn't seen him in years. It didn't matter.

"Why would he come here all of a sudden? You told me he left us. You told me he had better things to do, that he didn't love me. So why would he come?" She didn't speak. The anger just grew in her as it did me. My hair is turning orange. I knew I had to leave quickly. "I'm leaving mother, don't try to stop me. It won't work. Give father my regards. You will never see me again." With that, I disappeared into a cloud of blue smoke. I reappeared in front of a pub. I guess I need to think about where I'm going more. I'm free, that's what matters.

I could hear a bunch of noise inside. Talking and cheering. Before walking in I changed my clothes. I put on a black dress with a black corset. A pair of black boots that laced up to the top. My hair I changed to blonde. It's never been this color, so it would be harder for people to recognize me. Confident in my appearance, I walked into the pub. Hearing the laughter, cheers, and hustle of people, it was very different to my quiet castle. At least when mother wasn't in a bad mood, which was rarely. I went up to the bar and ordered some rum. This was the one thing that kept me sane. I drank a lot. I took a sip even though I felt like I wanted to drown myself in it.

"I don't believe I've seen you around these parts before." Someone said. I looked over and he was very handsome. His beard was dark, along with his hair. It was a little messy, too. He wore a red vest with black buttons and a black leather trench coat. A few necklaces hung low on his chest along with rings on almost every finger. His eyes were a beautiful blue.

"Whose asking?" I snapped. I still had to be careful. Someone could still figure out who I was.

"Feisty one." He smirked. "What's your name, love?" My hands squeezed the glass.

"Phoenix."

"Unique name for a unique woman." His accent was alluring.

"Hardly." I said with sarcasm. "You don't even know me."

"With a pretty face like yours, I don't need to." I could read between the lines what he meant.

"That's not the type of person I am." I retorted.

"Then why don't you tell me." He suggested. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm figuring that out as I go."

"Trying to live up to your parents' expectations or trying to live it down?" He took a sip of his rum.

"The one that brings you to a pub to drink rum. So, the latter." We both chuckled.

"Well, I can make your night worthwhile." He winked at me.

"You still haven't told me your name." I countered.

"Killian. But most people know me by my more colorful moniker. Captain Hook." My heart started racing. I was told stories about him. My mother said he's just a filthy pirate that only does things if it benefits himself. Every fiber of my being was telling me to leave, but I couldn't resist. I was drawn to him. To the danger. That might be because I grew up around danger. I saw the hook in his hand. I wanted to feel the cool metal. It made my heart race.

"Don't worry, love. It won't hurt. Unless you want it to." He whispered in my ear. I didn't realize how he affected me until the glass shattered in my hand. A piece of glass cut me in the process. "Can't say that's ever happened." He smirked once again. He pulled out a bandana and wrapped my hand, then tied it using his teeth.

"Thanks. I'm a mess sometimes." I said nervously.

"No need to worry. Just means I have an effect on you." I shook my head. "What do you say? I can drive you crazy in many ways."

"Why me?" I asked suddenly. "Of all the woman in this pub."

"You look like you have a lot going on in your head. Like you can use a break from reality. But that aside. You're insanely beautiful." I blushed at his words.

"It's just, I've never done that before." I whispered.

"A woman like you? That's hard to believe."

"Well, believe it." He fell silent. He was curious now.

"Have you ever kissed anyone?" I shook my head. "Then let me be your first. I promise you won't regret it." He leaned in, and I held back. I put my hand on his chest.

"I'm nervous." I admitted. He was so close and smelled divine. He paused and thought for a moment.

"How about we go back to my ship? More privacy there." I felt the cool metal of his hook run down my face. It made me shiver. I nodded, given into the temptation.

"Okay." Is all I managed to say. We got to his ship, and it was bigger than I thought. Cleaner, too. I've never been on one. Much less with a pirate.

"Here she is, The Jolly Roger. Fastest ship in the seas. With an amazing captain at the helm, might I add." He was gloating, and I laughed.

"I don't usually go on first impressions." He looked offended. "She is a beauty." Hook stood behind me and guided me down the steps to the captain's quarters. He shut the door, and I got nervous all over again. I couldn't move, but I didn't have to. He spun me around and started walking, which made me back up until my back hit the wall. His hand rested next to my head, and he used his hook to brush the hair off my shoulder. I was trapped.

"Now I'm scared." He chuckled very seductively.

"Don't be. I might be a brooding pirate, but I know how to be gentle. I won't hurt you. Just tell me to stop if you're uncomfortable." Then he leaned down, and his lips were on mine. Kissing me slowly. I relaxed, and he felt it, so he kissed me harder. His hand rested on the side of my face, and I felt the cool metal of his rings. He pulled back and rested his head on mine.

"How was that?" I smiled.

"Pure bliss."

"Then allow me to make you feel even better." He brought me over to the bed and laid me down. He started kissing my neck. I soon forgot about everything. Only focusing on how he was making me feel. He was so caring and gentle. He made sure I was comfortable the whole time. We soon fell asleep together.