9: Familiar gaze

"I can't keep letting you wear the same shirt..." Aizawa mumbled, as he scratched his own head.

He should've realized that earlier.

Way earlier, like a few days, or maybe since the moment he decided to take care of you.

And it seems that he didn't really have another shirt small enough for you to borrow.

"Fine.. let's go shopping or something."

—————————

You and Aizawa walked into the mall.

The cool breeze of the air conditioning blew over you. You kind of liked it. Way better than the hot temperature you feel everyday.

And the strong scents of food too. Everything feels so new.

But the people, not so much.

You weren't trying to look at anyone. But you felt it, them, the people, looking at you. Judging you.

Is it because of your special appearances? You didn't know. You felt them switch their attention to you when you walked past. Maybe a few whispers, you heard. But you didn't understand though.

They were looking at you like you were some monster. Their slight disgusted expression.

Seems familiar, doesn't it?

Like how they looked at you when you'd always find your hands full of blood.

Not again..

"kid, you alright?" Aizawa looked at you with a worried expression. Being the perceptive guy he was, he knew what was going on. Besides, your firm grip on his leg was pretty noticeable.

If only you could just hide somewhere..

"Let me try something." you looked up at him curiously, as he slowly reached both his hands down to you. Then it stopped when it reached just below your armpits. "Don't worry, it's fine." he reassured you.

He lifted you up, and carried you. You instantly hid your face on his shoulder. As if you thought no one can see you now.

"Better."

He then continued walking.

And soon enough, he found the place where it sells clothes. He walked into the kids section. Everything was, so tiny and colorful. It was kind of hurting his eyes in some way.

"Hey, kiddo, what do you like?"

No answer.

Maybe you didn't hear him? He called you again. But still no answer.

Until he heard faint snores coming from you.

You're sleeping already?

"I guess I'm alone now." he mumbled with a sigh.
—————————

Finally, Aizawa finished with his lonely shopping. With you being a sleepyhead as you slept on his shoulder silently.

He let out a relieved sigh, as he walked out of the mall. Some people were being a little busybody when they saw him carrying a child with scary mutations sort of a quirk.

Their thoughts didn't matter to him anyway.

He put all of the stuff into the back of his car, and then gently placed you down onto the car seat.

Then, it was his turn to sit down. Finally getting a chance to-

ding

And there goes his phone. A text from someone.

"What now.."

The text wrote something about meeting at the police station or something, just to give him some files. It was from the detective.

Aizawa only read it, but no reply. He just drove off.
—————————

"Good to see you again, Aizawa. Here's the files I promised." The detective handed the file over.

"Thanks."

"Took some time to recover some information about that kid. But that's all we managed to get."

Aizawa read the file throughly, only a page. It had your first name, birth date and some other stuff. No last name, family or whatsoever though. Like you were just, given to the lab for free?

"Kiogo*." he silently read your name to himself.
( don't judge me for the name.. and also, feel free to replace it with yours or whatever name you want. I'll just put a star for reminder or something )

"Say, is he doing well so far?" Tsukauchi suddenly spoke up, trying to check up on you.

"——"

"——"

The voices seem to have woken you up. You lifted your body, rubbing your eyes.

That was a nice nap.

You didn't really pay much attention to what they were talking about. Looking out the window is just what you prefer.

Your eyes slowly darted around, until it landed in a dark alleyway. It looked like a silhouette of a tall human, slowly walking into the light.

But then, it stopped. And a clear, familiar face poked out.

That wide creepy grin? The eyes that was full of pride for his own achievements?

Oh.

You were just frozen for a moment. Looking at him,  it always never failed to remind you of everything.

He wasn't moving either though, just staring straight into your soul. It felt unsettling, considering that he didn't even need to talk, you knew he wanted you back.

The sound of the car door closing thawed you out of your frozen state.

You freaked out a bit, breaking that eye-contact.

"Are you okay, kid? Was it a nightmare?" He placed a hand on your head. Thing is, Aizawa didn't know you woke up a few minutes ago. Or that crazy lunatic staring at you from the alleyway.

You looked back to see, nothing. He wasn't there anymore.

Now you felt paranoid.

...

"I'll make sure you'll want to come back to me..."