Chapter 34: The Ruined Breakfast

Start from the beginning

When he awoke in the morning, the man he hadn't seen the night before was quietly sleeping beside him.

As long as He Yu Shen was home, Nan Yi would always prepare breakfast for him.

Suddenly, Nan Yi found himself missing the month when He Yu Shen was away.

He could laze in bed after waking up.

Nan Yi made a new breakfast dish he had learned - soup dumplings.

He wasn't preparing them just for He Yu Shen; Nan Yi wanted to taste them too. There was a different sentiment when enjoying something made with one's own hands compared to food prepared by others.

He waited in the kitchen with anticipation. The moment the dumplings were ready, he eagerly reached to place them onto a plate.

But upon opening the steamer, only one word could describe the sight - disastrous.

Many of the dumplings' skins had broken, the precious soup inside spilling out.

Nan Yi paused, chopsticks in hand, his face reflecting his disappointment.

To make matters worse, He Yu Shen, who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere, was already seated at the dining table, not affording Nan Yi the chance to hide the evidence of his culinary catastrophe.

"Why is today's breakfast taking so long?"

The cool, deep voice echoed from the dining area. Nan Yi stood frozen.

He was torn between serving He Yu Shen this unspeakable breakfast or letting him wait a bit longer. He pondered which option would be more acceptable.

"Is it ready yet?"

The impatient voice resonated again.

Nan Yi sighed; it seemed neither option was viable.

At the dining table, the alpha was bowing his head, scrolling through the day's work schedule on his phone.

Every task was slated for completion before 3 PM; time was of the essence.

He had just a half-hour left before a scheduled meeting with a certain company.

Hearing footsteps, he looked up to see the omega, Nan Yi, standing awkwardly before him, holding an empty plate.

He Yu Shen's brows knitted slightly at the sight of the empty plate and the omega still wearing a yellow apron.

He Yu Shen: ................

"Are you expecting me to drink the northwest wind? Or perhaps you think I can nibble on the plate?"

Nan Yi quickly shook his head.

"Tsk."

He Yu Shen, clearly irritated, stood up.

"You can't even handle such a trivial task; do you think you're worth the land that Nan Zhai Min desires?"

Alpha wore a stern expression, rising from his seat with evident irritation and turned around.

"I'll pick you up at three in the afternoon," Alpha declared before exiting the room.

Nan Yi's hand, clutching the plate, began to tremble slightly. He raised his other equally delicate hand to grasp his trembling wrist.

Marrying in place of his younger brother, bartered off for a piece of land by Nan Zhai Min.

It wasn't what he desired.

Once Alpha had left, Nan Yi loaded all the botched soup dumplings from the kitchen onto a plate, their tiny peaks just poking out, and consumed them all himself.

Feeling overly stuffed afterwards, he laid with a slightly bulging tummy on the sofa for quite a while.

Three o'clock in the afternoon.

He Yu Shen didn't return to the villa, only Xiao Wang came to fetch Nan Yi.

He Zhang's villa was located in the city's most bustling district.

Throughout the ride, Nan Yi kept the car window partially open, passing through the shopping district where diverse crowds were busy shopping.

The car momentarily halted at a traffic light, and directly across from his window was an upscale restaurant.

Through its clear glass, he caught sight of a familiar profile.

Out of curiosity, wanting a clearer look, Nan Yi's gaze remained fixed.

The moment Alpha turned to lock eyes with him, the car started moving again.

"What are you looking at?"

A sweet-voiced female Omega, sitting opposite the strikingly handsome Alpha, asked curiously when she noticed him staring out in a daze.

Yin Lu turned back, his smile beguiling.

"Just looking at a little Omega I used to take care of."

"What?" The Omega seemed to struggle with belief at his words.
Initially, she had been quite pleased with this matchmaking session arranged under her father's insistence, but now...

"Mmm," Yin Lu chuckled softly, continuing, "I hope Miss Nuan won't mind."

"I haven't mentioned it, but I'm rather carefree. After marriage, I wouldn't part with the Omega who has been with me for so long."

"Of course, I wouldn't mind if Miss Nuan seeks other Alphas."

"Doesn't it sound great? Being happy in our own ways?"

Yin Lu looked at the omega across the table, his face lit up with a smile, delighting in her complexion shifting from a deep hue to pale.

"I apologize, but I must leave." The omega stood abruptly, almost as if fleeing from a venomous substance, and hurriedly exited the restaurant.

Yin Lu contentedly continued savoring his expensive steak, while shooting off a message to the young man he had spotted earlier.

Xiao Wang quickly drove to He Zhang's mansion. As they waited for the main gate to open, Nan Yi's phone made a "ping" sound.

He unlocked his phone. It was a message from Yin Lu, whom he hadn't chatted with since their encounter that night.

Hesitating slightly, his finger tapped to open the message.

[Super Handsome Guy: Nice seeing you again, cute little one.]

Nan Yi:............

He stared at that narcissistic nickname for a few moments, pondering. As the mansion gates opened and the car moved, he edited the contact name but forgot to reply to the message.