"Ugh... he can't stay away from Fitz, can he?"

Dex scoffed when he heard that but ignored it.
Dex then stopped and faced Fitz.
"So, are we light-leaping then?" Dex smiled, tightening his grip on Fitz's hand.
Fitz looked at their hands and he smiled.
"Yeah. Thanks again, Dex." Fitz said as he used his other hand to dig into his pocket for a crystal.
"Mmh, it's whatever." Dex shrugged.
"I don't like seeing you suffer in the company of people you don't like."

Fitz sighed and he held the crystal in his hand.
"So, you ready?" Fitz asked, squeezing Dex's hand.
"Ready." Dex nodded.
Fitz smiled and he took a deep breath, quickly clearing his mind. Dex cleared his mind as Fitz raised the crystal and they light-leapt away.

Dex had closed his eyes and after a few moments, he felt Fitz let go of his hand. Dex opened his eyes and he blinked as he looked about.
"Woah."
The space was huge and empty, with a lot of grass and a few trees nearby.
Fitz couldn't help but smile at Dex's reaction.
"It's pretty, huh?" Fitz sighed softly as he walked off.
Dex blinked and he quickly caught up with Fitz.
"Uh, y-yeah! It's beautiful. How did you find this place?" Dex asked.
Fitz made his way towards the tree he usually went to when he came to the field.

"Keefe showed me this place." Fitz said.
"I was... maybe 10 years old? Things were a little rough in the house. My dad and Alvar seemed to be having an argument, I can't remember what... but my mother was too busy calming down Biana to notice I was also upset."
Dex frowned as Fitz lowered himself onto the ground. Dex sat next to Fitz, listening to his story.
"Uh, Keefe came over. He 'ran away' from home and when he realized we were having our own problems, he took me and told me he knew a place. That he had a crystal he apparently carved himself. How he did that? I have no idea." Fitz said.
"But I went with him and... we stayed out here for hours. He let me rant to him, and I let him rant to me. Ever since then, when once of us were upset, we always came here and either talked it out or sat in silence."

Fitz sighed out softly and he looked at Dex, smiling as he placed his hand over Dex's. Dex stared at Fitz and his facial expressions.
"Mmh... so this is..." Dex began.
His cheeks turned red before he continued to speak.
"This is... a special place to you, then?"
Fitz felt his own cheeks warm up and he nodded.
"Quite special." Fitz said, smiling at Dex.
They both locked eyes and their hearts were going crazy.
"Well... I'm glad that-" Dex began.

"Oh, uh-!"
Dex and Fitz looked over and they both quickly stopped holding hands when they seen Keefe and Tam a few feet away.
Keefe grinned nervously and Tam seemed to clear his throat, looking away.

"Uh... Hey Fitzy, Dex." Keefe waved awkwardly.
Fitz looked at Keefe and Tam.
They were holding hands and Fitz widened his eyes.
"Oh uh, are you two...?" Fitz questioned.
"Huh?" Tam looked at Fitz confused.
Fitz pointed at them holding hands.
Tam looked at their hands and he quickly took his hand away.

"It was because we were light-leaping here." Tam stated, his cheeks extremely red.
Dex raised his eyebrows.
"Suree~" Dex said, looking at Tam.
Tam smiled at Dex.
"You two seemed to be holding hands for no apparent reason though-" Tam began.
"Woah! Tammy, let's go somewhere else!" Keefe exclaimed, grinning nervously.
"No need to mention how close Fitz and Dex are! Fitz is real touchy about that subject!"

Keefe took Tam by the shoulders and turned around. Keefe looked back and smiled at Fitz.
"Sorry for interrupting! I'll just take Tam here another day! Have fun you two!"
Keefe quickly turned away and he forced Tam to quickly walk off somewhere more private where they could light-leap away. Tam scowled at Keefe and was confused why he was desperate to get away, but he did want to be alone with Keefe, so... he went with it.

Fitz and Dex looked at each other.
"Are Keefe and Tam...?" Dex began.
"They're not dating yet." Fitz said.
"Maybe Keefe brought Tam here to confess... or to ask him out..."
"Oh I feel bad." Dex frowned.
"This would've been a romantic place to ask someone out."
Dex looked around once more and Fitz admired Dex.
"... It would be, wouldn't it?" Fitz sighed out softly.
The urge to tell Dex how he truly felt was hard to resist. But Fitz managed to not pour his heart out.

They soon began to get into a conversation about... well something random. Not random, actually. They were just telling stories, things that let the other get to know them better.
This kind of relationship between him and Dex was perfect the way it was.

Fitz didn't want it to change, nor did he want to ruin it in case Dex did not feel the same.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1599