Threads of Hope

" Good Job on your Surgery Dr. Abhimanyu" Sr. Dr. Rathod praised Abhimanyu. "Congratulations on your successful surgery process Sir", Dr. Rohan congratulated him and Abhimanyu smiled and thanked them but inside he was still stressed and worried about the situation. It was quite an eventful day at Birla Hospital. It started off with beautiful morning, he didn't have any surgeries scheduled today so was quite relaxed. After routine consultations with patients and follow up he had his lunch. He had meeting today with few members of management. He planned to review his research and preparations for upcoming surgeries when his phone rang. there was a major accident on highway and birla hospital being nearest injured were transferred there, and then it was complete chaos, he had to do back-to-back three emergency surgeries, he had saved them but last one took toll on him, it was a child aprox.8-9 yrs. old boy, they had nearly lost him during surgery, but Abhimanyu worked hard and miraculously boy survived.

" Are you alright Sir?" Dr. Rohan asked Abhimanyu. " Yes Dr. Rohan, but operating on children is so hard, you know how much I love children, I wish no child has to suffer like this." " Sir, if you care so much for the children not your own, I can't imagine how much you would for your own children... Dr. Rohan stopped suddenly at the look on his face and realized his mistake. " I am so sorry sir, I didn't mean to say something so insensitive" he stammered, "It's okay Dr. Rohan" said Abhimanyu and went towards his cabin and Rohan face palmed himself for his stupidity. Rohan had worked with Abhimanyu for quite a long time since he was intern so knew almost everything about him, he was there when Abhimanyu got married to Akshara instead of Aarohi in dramatic twist, then witnessed their constant break ups and patch ups, and how much it affected his senior and then the final separation following the painful loss of their child and his comatose sister. He had seen how much excited Abhimanyu was about becoming a father. Also had seen the shattered and depressed Abhimanyu over the years when he lost everything. He was there to support and encourage him. They were more best friends than senior junior colleagues. Rohan often wondered if Akshara Madam and Abhimanyu Sir were ever meant to be together, if it was love and if so, then was it supposed to hurt like this? It seems he is never going to find answer to that question.

Abhimanyu was exhausted, in mind and body. He tried to shake the image of broken little body of boy. Somedays he really hated his job and somedays it was most gratifying. Peon knocked on the door informing him of Dr. Mahima asking to come in meeting room. He had totally forgotten about meeting which had been postponed. He knocked and entered the room and saw Dr. Mahima, Dr. Anand, Parth and couple of other members sitting around deep in discussion. " Please come Dr. Abhimanyu" Mahima Taiji (Aunt) said. " I know you are tired so it will not be long we have already discussed the key changes we had planned for the hospital; I will share the report you can check later and let me know if you want to change or add anything before, we can present at next board meeting.". Soon meeting got over and everyone left except for Taiji, Tauji and Parth. He also got up to leave, " Just a moment Abhimanyu ", Anand Tauji(Uncle) called out. "There is something very important we wanted to discuss and not in front of the other members as it is also personal". "What is it Tauji"? Abhimanyu asked curious. " You know Sanjeevani Hospital?"" Of course, who doesn't?" He spoke. It is one of the best hospital chain in India, almost a decade ago several hospitals wanted to take over it after the it was rumored the esteemed owner of hospital Dr Janaki Sawant had planned to sell it after stepping down as she could no longer actively oversee it and had management disputes but then there was change in management and once again it attained it's previous glory more successful than ever. It was also in their city Udaipur; they had tried to collaborate with them in past few years few times, but their proposals were rejected by new management. " So, what of it?'' he asked. " I always wondered why our proposals were never accepted by them, I mean of course they can if they don't like it or suggest changes, but they never said anything about proposals only we have no plans of collaboration. But I have checked, they did collaborate with several hospitals in the past and one of them was from Udaipur itself that Kirti Hospital and compared to it our hospital definitely has more facilities and far better and our proposal was also quite good." Mahima Taiji replied. " So have you found the reason?" he asked. " We have found out the board members of Sanjeevani Hospital as we wanted to directly pursue them "Taiji replied. " So, who are they'? he asked wondering and they looked at each other before Tauji answered." Well, Dr. Janaki Sawant is still chairman, but the name of MD is Harshvardhan and CEO is Neel Harshvardhan, it cannot be coincidence, right? I believe it's them".

Abhimanyu was shocked. He missed his brother, after their fallout and accident, he had tried to reach him, but his brother refused any contact with him and then he left with Mr. Birla. Over the years he tried finding him but didn't as if he vanished strangely, he also missed his father. But of course, they had tried to find Harshvardhan Birla and Neel Birla but now it seems both of them had dropped Birla name and freed themselves from these shackles, he couldn't help but envy. " We need to reach out to them", tauji said. " No " Abhimanyu exclaimed. " They don't want anything to do with us. They have left this hospital and family. They don't want any relationship with us, so we won't".

" You are right Abhimanyu. But this is not about our family, they have broken ties with us, but this is about our hospitals. This collaboration is important for both of us and It's time, we are done with this hide and seek." Tauji said angrily with tears. " Are you alright Tauji" Abhimanyu asked worriedly. " No, I am not Abhimanyu, I am tired. For once I want to get it over with all the tangled mess of our life. All my life I have just been silent spectator of our family drama unable to do anything for anyone and now our family is so broken, my brother left me without looking back, his own elder brother." Tauji replied tearfully. "I missed him all the time, worried, tried so hard to find but he was there, and he never once tried to contact me. I was always waiting to hear from him, a call or at least a message but nothing. I done with this, done with waiting. So, I am going to Pune to meet him in few days. Will you come with me?" he asked.

Abhimanyu looked at his Tauji shocked. He had never seen him speak so much and so emotional. "Yes" Abhimanyu replied. He was also done with his miserable life. He had already lost everything there is nothing more to lose but now there was a hope only very little but still there to at least have his brother back. He will try if not him at least Anand Tauji may have his brother back. For the first time in many years Abhimanyu felt alive with hope blooming in his chest. So now only time will tell how they all will react confronting their past.