Monica waited nervously, her eyes scanning the corridor. In that moment, fate had other plans. As Sam disappeared into the room, Monica spotted her best friend, Ellie, rounding the corner. Panic set in as Ellie's eyes widened with surprise.

"Monica?" Ellie exclaimed, clearly startled. "What are you doing here? I thought Sam took you home."

Caught off guard, Monica stammered, "I, uh, just gotta run, catch you later!" she said, turning to make a speedy exit.

Ellie, ever the determined friend, started chasing after Monica. The two sprinted down the hallway, drawing the attention of a few hotel guests. Monica desperately searched for an escape route, and with a stroke of luck she reached a closing elevator but before it could fully close itself Ellie slipped in panting from chasing her friend.

"Hey Smellie." Monica offered an awkward tight lipped smile to her best friend.

"So what did you really do last night, cause you and I both know damn well you were not taken back to your house?" Ellie questioned a light smirk on her lips. Right on cue, Monica's phone chimed with a message from Sam. "Go on open it Moni." Monica rolled her eyes and opened the message.

Sammy ✭

Where did you go, did you get caught?

"Oh so you did go with Sam but back to her 'house'." Ellie looked at her friend with a wide toothy smile.

"Ok so that may be possible."

"Knew it."

"Shut up" Monica typed a quick response back, Ellie looking over her shoulder.

Moni 𝄞

May or may not have been chased around the hotel by Smellie, meet us in the lobby. Shes basically attached to me now, what a clingy bitch.

Ellie smacked Monica's shoulder in fake offence as the elevator doors opened to the lobby. Monica stuck her tongue out in response.

"There you two are. You guys are so childish!" The best friends turned around at the voice of Sam coming closer and closer.

"You're childish thinking you two can sneak around without being caught." Ellie fired back, sassing with the captain. Sam gave her the 'you for real?' look. "Ugh I told Ras I'd come up to hers before breakfast. I'm watching you two." Ellie gave them one last look before running to the nearest elevator.

The moment she disappeared Sam and Monica burst out into a fit of laughter, teeth on display, cheeks turning red. 

"Did you wanna go out for breakfast or stay here?" Monica asked Sam when the laughing ceased.

"We can't really avoid much anymore with Ellie's big mouth so wee can go join the team." Sam offered.

"Yes!" Monica not-so-secretly cheered. "I uh mean that cool with me." Monica tried to play it off but couldn't hold in the laughter.

"Woah there, loving the team more than me now Moni?"

"Not the team, just Harper and Harley." Monica winked at Sam who let out a chuckle. Sam laced her fingers with Monica's before they began to walk to the dining hall the team had booked out. 

As Monica and Sam entered the breakfast area, the team's reaction was quite different from what they anticipated. The initial surprise quickly transformed into enthusiastic cheers and smiles. 

Monica, feeling the warmth of their welcome, decided to head straight to Mini, who was enjoying breakfast with her daughter Harper. Mini's face lit up as Monica approached, and Harper, recognizing her, broke into a wide grin.