5.

The sun's gentle rays streamed through her bedroom window, coaxing her from slumber

The sun's gentle rays streamed through her bedroom window, coaxing her from slumber. She stretched her arms and yawned, feeling the warmth of the Australian morning. As Mona got out of bed, she couldn't help but hum a melody she had been working on for countless nights that would go toward her album. It was one of those tunes that had the potential to become a hit. 

First, she headed to the bathroom, where she splashed her face with cool water, washing away the remnants of sleep. The refreshing sensation invigorated her, she combed her long, blonde curls, allowing it to cascade down her back.

After her refreshing shower, she wrapped herself in a fluffy towel and headed to the kitchen. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air as she prepared her morning brew, a comforting ritual that grounded her amidst the chaos of her ever evolving career.

Finally, as she sipped her coffee, Mona reached for her phone. Notifications popped up on the screen, and her heart quickened when she saw a message from Sam. She tapped the message, and the words that appeared brought pure elation.

Sammy K ✮

Hey Mona! I've got a surprise for you. I managed to snag you tickets to the World Cup game against  in the family and friends section. Wanna come cheer for the tillies?

She remembered, Mona was all smiles and blush. She typed a quick reply, did it look desperate? Maybe, but Mona didn't care, this was Sam.

Mona 𝄞

Sam, you're amazing! Count me in, I'm always up to cheer my favourite girls on xx

With a grin, Mona set her phone down and continued sipping her coffee, her heart brimming with anticipation for the day to arrive. 

20th of July

20th of July

Monica Reyes stirred in her bed, her eyelids heavy with the remnants of a restless night. The anticipation of the upcoming game had kept her tossing and turning, her mind racing with thoughts of the event. She'd been counting down the days and now, with the day finally here, her excitement was almost palpable. She was going to be in the family and friends section to cheer on her best friend and the team she loves so much.