Watching their boss and a regular customer having a "harmonious" conversation: the employees can't help but be intrigued.

They've been working with their boss for almost 3 years, but it was the first time they saw him being this talkative.

They were kinda familiar with the regular customer too, usually he's just all quiet in the corner.

"It's love!" Rowan exclaimed, having her own conclusion about this whole thing.

Vanessa shakes her head, disagreeing. "Nah, it doesn't look like that for me. An old friend?"

"Look at him glaring at our boss, how can you be sure that their friends?"

" Then why did you think that they're lovers, idiot!"

" Enemies to lovers, duh!"

" There's a new customer." Loren lowly informed them.

And they get back to their services real quick.

Loren shakes his head, a small smile formed.

Meanwhile..." The harmonious friends"

"Do you like going to this cafe?" August asked.

"Only when you're not around." Yohan retorted.

He grins." Fortunately, you'll be seeing me more often from now on."

" How's that fortunate?"

" Think of it as a free service. You get to drink coffee and you also get to see me!"

You're thicker than the great wall of china, Yohan thought.

"I better find a new cafe then." He replied to the laptop, typing some ideas for his new journey in the romance genre. It's tough for a 28 year old virgin, never been in a relationship like him.

Suddenly, people started to shout and scream at the top of their lungs. Yohan and August was taken aback to look at the direction of the screams and music.

Apparently someone proposed in the middle of the street, and fortunately, the girl said yes.

Yohan shifted his gaze away from the crowd of people celebrating.

"You don't like public proposals?

He looked at the man who was able to read his thoughts by solely looking at his micro expressions.

"I don't like "public harassment" you say." He answered.

August laughed while showing a confused look, "Public Harassment?"

"Think of this scenario, what if the girl only said yes because she can't bring herself to refuse? They were in public, surrounded by people who's expecting her to reciprocate, of course she'd be pressured."

"Or what if she said yes out of love?" August retorted.

"Love doesn't exist, it is only possible if the people involved benefited from each other." Yohan said as he types from his laptop.

"That's your perspective, others have their own too. I do believe that love exists, not for the sake of benefiting each other but because it serves as a comfort and salvation for others. It's an ambiguous feeling. Love can be interpreted in so many ways depending on people and how they show their love."

"You're too naive."

"You're speaking like you have gone through 50 relationships and 50 divorces." August said.

" And you're speaking like you're some kind of love expert. Did you really read my stories? last time I checked I only write about murder and mystery."

August chuckled as he stared at Yohan, of course the latter didn't notice it, he was too occupied in his laptop.

"I finished them all."

That's when Yohan got the chance to look at him. The younger was smiling, it was a genuine smile, his little dimples are cutely showing.

Yohan stared at him, contemplating on what to banter. He can't think of any because of his distractive heartbeat.

Fuck palpitations, He mentally cursed.

"I really like your stories. Especially the first series." A genuine smile flashing on his beautiful lips.

Yohan showed a confused expression.

"Why do you like it? It was my first ever book, the writing was trash."

The latter shrugged. "It saved me from death."

"Stop exaggerating." He put on a frown. " If you just saw how my editor almost whipped me to death everyday when i'm in the process of writing that."

"There's people like that?" He gasped.

"I'm more surprised that there's someone like you."

"Stop, words have real life consequences and I'm really loving the energy right now."

If it's any normal day he would just arched his eyebrow at him. But August was caught off guard when he actually laughed.

"Idiot." He muttered, lips turning into curves.