Chapter 16: Vacation on Speranza

Shiroi's PoV

As I sat across from Ari-chan at the chess board, we were in the library, her defeated expression was a sight to behold. 

With a cheeky smirk, I declared, ''Checkmate~'' as I moved my knight to trap her king, aided by the strategic placement of my queen.

She tried to swallow her bitterness, but I could still tell it bothered her that I beat her at chess yet again. ''Fufu, it seems that this tactic didn't work against you either, huh.'' She said, trying to play it off coolly. But I could see the slight twinkle of annoyance in her eyes.

''Don't be so bummed out, Ari-chan. Let's enjoy our mini vacation on this cruise ship. At least your attempt was better than the last two games. I had to get a bit more serious to beat you.'' I teased her playfully and poked her nose gently with my finger, earning a narrowly stern glare that was still incredibly cute.

I know it's not really a vacation, but until we get to the island, it's basically a vacation, at least for me.

We're currently on a cruise ship - a very luxurious one by normal people's standards, but to me, it's just a normal cruise ship. Our family's cruise ship is way bigger and more luxurious, with completely advanced technology and security mechas and robot workers who work more efficiently and better than most humans.

Anyway, enough with the flex about my wealth.

On this cruise ship, there were endless opportunities to immerse ourselves in luxury and indulgence. With a vast array of amenities, such as a high-end casino, a pristine library, a sprawling first-class restaurant, a majestic theater, a captivating arcade, and much more.

Arisu was deep in thought as she analyzed her moves and my traps, trying to identify the patterns and flaws in her game. ''However, I'm not satisfied with the result, Shi-chan,'' she finally said, still studying the board. ''Your trap was obvious, but at the same time it would be unwise not to take the bishop.''

I chuckled and leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms behind my head. ''Don't think so much, Ari-chan. Let's go out for a bit and enjoy the completely clear air of the Pacific Ocean.''

''No need. And don't act like a mother trying to get her child out of their room.'' she replies without looking at me. 

My sweet little clingy Arisu has completely disappeared as she is in her rebellious phase. As much as I love her rebellious phase, I do miss the days of Arisu clinging to me when we were in elementary school. 

I wipe the imaginary tears from my eyes and look slightly sad that my children are growing up so quickly.

As I stood up from my chair and glanced at Arisu, I could see that she was still deep in her chess analysis, lost in thought as she studied the board. This was her usual routine. 

"Alright, I'm going out for a bit and enjoy the little vacation." I said, shooting her a playful smile. Without any response, I gave her a flying kiss, which she ignored as it flew past her.

I left the library feeling a little heartbroken that my little Arisu was still in her rebellious phase. She should at least wave at me or give me a flying kiss... 

I sighed to myself, feeling like I was no longer the most important person in her life. Did she cheat on me with another girl? Has she found another best friend?

I feel betrayed by my cute little Arisu...

Jokes aside.

After leaving the library, I decided to make my way to the first-class restaurant on the cruise ship, curious about what the food would taste like.