8: Change of plans

Me and my mum were in the wedding dress shop, trying to find a dress for my wedding... me and Tristan still haven't discussed what we're gonna do about it. I don't think the wedding is that big of a deal to us anymore. At least it wasn't to me. I don't want to be married so young but I believe Tristan is right for me. I'm just not sure if he feels the same.

This whole plan was for us to start acting like we hate each other, but through this arrangement I've fallen for him. I thought I was over him the first time around, but maybe those feelings never went away and I was waiting for something like this to happen.

I didn't find any dresses I liked in that shop, I'm not a sucker for large poofy dresses, I think I like a shorter dress, even for a wedding. I think it's cute. My mother says otherwise though, so I'll probably end up with something longer, which isn't the worst, as long as it's not too large. Her wedding dress looked heavy and I don't want mine to be like that. While it's nice to look extravagant on your wedding, I think it's better to just be simple with it.

"I don't think I can go into another one" I plead my mother to bring us home, we've been in 5 wedding shops and we can't find anything, "we're gonna have to leave a country to get you a new dress, you're so fussy" she complains, earning a laugh from me. "Fine we can go home, but we'll be back here next weekend" she declares and I roll my eyes.

I take off my coat and hand it to our new maid, "thank you" I say to her, she gives me a small smile before leaving to put our coats in the washer. "The Dugrays are coming over today remember" my mom reminds me, I completely forgot about that.

I had to talk to Tristan about our deal and if we're going to go through with it... or if we are going to get married after we graduate. If he graduates. Tristan said things aren't looking too good for him right now. I sigh thinking about it. I walk up the stairs and lay on my bed, playing music until I eventually drift off with everything that's on my mind.

"Wow you're sleeping at this time?" A voice says to me and I open my eyes, Tristan stands in the doorway. I hadn't realised I never set an alarm to wake up. I run my hands through my hair and yawn. "This is embarrassing" I say through the yawn and he laughs. "I'll let you get dressed, I doubt your mother will be pleased if you come down in your pajamas, he says, referring to my gown. I look at it and roll my eyes, throwing a pillow at him to get him out. "Ouch, such a violent person" he remarks sarcastically and throws the pillow back to me with a smirk on his face before leaving and closing the door. I groan in frustration. I shouldn't have fallen asleep.

"Wow it took you that long to change into another dress?" He asks and I hit him playfully on the arm, getting him to shut up. We're about to go downstairs but he stops me. Cupping my cheeks, he pulls me into a short kiss l. It was sweet, and unexpected I didn't have time to respond. "Now you're ready." He says. He was about to get called out, his lips might be a little more red in places. But I want him to get called out for it.

We're sat at the dining table and his mother is the first to notice. "Tristan, nice lipstick" she says and his eyes widen and he looks at me and I quickly wink at him. He coughs in embarrassment. "Thanks" he replies awkward causing the whole table to laugh. "I could get used to family dinners like these" my mother implies. And I look at Tristan who is smiling at me.

"I cannot believe you let my mom point that out" we were hanging out in my room as our parents wanted to have their business talk. "I think it went down a treat" I reply and nudge him. "Wow you really have a thing for violence today don't you?" He questions jokingly, while he sits on my bed, motioning for me to sit beside him.

I sigh, "You know when this all started" I begin my speech, "I thought it was the worst thing that could possibly happen, an arranged marriage at 17, what more could we want right? I've been thinking, that our deal to show our parents that we can't work... I don't think we should do it anymore" the last part comes out as a whisper and I look at him, I see no emotion in his eyes as he stares at the floor. "Tristan?" I question, his eyes find mine and he stands up, I think he's mad, I can't tell.

That is until he's kneeling before me, "Alizeh, this might seem crazy..." he sighs before continuing, "I know it's going to happen anyway, but will you marry me?" He asks and I gasp, I think it's sweet, "Tristan Dugray, there's no one else for me. Yes." I answer and he scoops me up from the bed and hugs me while spinning around, "put me down!" I laugh but he just tightens his grip on me. "I don't think so, Princess"