Chapter 8.5: Tsuyu Asui 1

For more information on the optional romance chapters, please read "!Optional Chapter Information!" 

Word Count: 4,790

Average Reading Time: 20 minutes

LEGEND

Bold text- Thoughts

(R/N)- Reader's name/Chosen Nickname

(F/N) (L/N)- (First Name) (Last Name)

Underlined Text- Name of Speaker

Primary Romance

I: 

Tsuyu stares at a paper detailing the partner project Present Mic assigned to the class going over the history of any pro-hero of each pair's choosing. Present Mic chose each partner pair based on personality differences observed by the teachers over the past few weeks. Tsuyu's partner is Mina Ashido. Her chatty and bombastic character is parallel to Tsuyu's quiet and polite mentality. The two girls, although objective opposites, are getting along with no problems. Mina's all-encompassing charm smothered Tsuyu the moment she took a seat from across her pink classmate. The assignment is due by the following Monday before the sports festival.

Mina: So, who are you thinking we should do our project on? 

Tsuyu: How about Mt. Lady? She's simple with a lot of history behind her. One of the youngest pro-heroes to reach the top twenty-five. 

Mina: I love Mt. Lady! Pretty and strong! She kicks butt while looking good all at the same time. Something I aspire to do!

Tsuyu: Mt. Lady it is. 

Tsuyu writes down Mt. Lady's information in her notebook next to Mina's, remembering what your brother, Carnin, told her the first time she and Kirishima met him. Mina copies her notes to stay on the same page as her project partner. While Mina is writing, Tsuyu peers over to you and Kirishima. You're paired with Shoto Todoroki, son of the pro-hero Endeavor and heartthrob of many female classmates. Kirishima is paired with Koji Koda, an incredibly quiet and timid boy who loves animals and can control them with his quirk. Mina sees her staring at you two then leans in over her desk to talk in a hushed whisper. 

Mina: So- which one?

Tsuyu: Which one what?

Mina: Which one do you like?

Tsuyu raises her eyebrows in confusion.

Tsuyu: Neither. I like them both as friends ribbit

Mina: Bullcrap. Respectfully, bullcrap. 

Tsuyu: I mean it. (R/N) and Kirishima are my friends. 

Mina: Friendships between boys and girls don't stay friendships for long until one develops feelings for the other. Kirishima and I started that way. Then, I developed a huge crush on him. I chased him all through junior-high, but he never looked my way. 

Tsuyu: Oh, come on. We're all just friends. I don't want to date anyone anyway. It's not a good idea at our age. 

Mina: Who told you that?