Chapter 8.5: Kyoka Jiro 1

For more information on the optional romance chapters, please read "!Optional Chapter Information!"

Word Count: 6,280

Average Reading Time: 30 minutes

LEGEND

Bold text- Thoughts

(R/N)- Reader's name/Chosen Nickname

(F/N) (L/N)- (First Name) (Last Name)

Underlined Text- Name of Speaker

Primary Romance

I: On Crushes and Heroes

Mina: Poor girl, she has no idea how to flirt. Look at her! All red faced and stumbling over herself. 

Kyoka Jiro and Mina Ashido watch as Ochaco Uraraka tries to compliment Izuku Midoriya on his performance during the danger assessment training they just finished for the hero course. Class 1-A is gathered around All Might who led today's lesson. He's silently observing his students and their reactions to the assignment given to them over the weekend while awaiting the class period to end. Jiro, Mina, and Uraraka were paired up against you, Toru Hagakure, and Katsuki Bakugo in a competition to see who can rescue the endangered civilian, All might, the safest while fending off training bots. The catch is, rather than All Might writing a report on each student's performance, each classmate was given the name and recording disk of a single peer to take home and write a three-thousand-word essay on deconstructing their decision making and usage of their quirks. An assignment Jiro has deemed as a poorly disguised ruse to instill a more methodical approach to analyzing the abilities of those around them. They won't be graded on how they performed, rather, they'll be graded on how they pick apart a peer's actions as a hero in training. It's the sort of trick Jiro has come to expect from U.A.'s curriculum. 

Jiro: Give her a break. Ochaco is trying her best.

Mina: Never said I was making fun of her. I think it's adorable! Look at her over there, all flustered and nervous. 

Jiro doesn't pay attention to what Mina is saying about Uraraka. Her eyes are planted elsewhere. Over by All Might, you're talking to an overzealous Hagakure who is talking endlessly about whatever her mind can come up with. Bakugo is ignoring both of you and stares at the recording disk in his hand, silently fuming over his assignment. Mina stops talking to follow Jiro's gaze, smirking to herself and falling silent. 

Uraraka breaks away from Midoriya, speedwalking back to Jiro and Mina with cheeks redder than Kirishima's hair. Uraraka is one of those girls that cannot hide her emotions from other people because her body and face give away her deeper feelings. When she's embarrassed or nervous, her face lights up like a Christmas tree. Jiro and Mina, on the other hand, have good control over their biological reactions to certain situations. 

Mina welcomes Uraraka back to the group while shooting her a knowing look. 

Mina: So, how'd that go?

Uraraka: How did what go? I was just talking to Isuk- er- Midoriya about, um, how he did and- and- uh-

Jiro: -Calm down. You don't have to pretend like you don't like him around us. 

Uraraka: You're crazy! I don't like him! I think he's a good- friend...

Mina: Sure, and my skin color is blue. That and other lies to tell your friends.