Chapter 3: Making New Heroes

Word Count:  10,276

Average Reading Time:  50 minutes

LEGEND

Bold text- Thoughts

(R/N)- Reader's name/Chosen Nickname

(F/N) (L/N)- (First Name) (Last Name)

Underlined Text- Name of Speaker

I: The Anxiety

You wake up the next morning sore. Your muscles ache and your legs are jelly. Your mother freaked out after you got home last night as a news broadcast was airing the Luchador incident. She's calmer now, having a night to sleep on it put things in perspective for her. It put things in perspective for you too. Being a hero isn't just fighting villains and saving people. It's waking up to pain and headaches. It's dealing with police and reporters. It's worrying about civilians caught in the cross fire. Right now, it's the physical toll you're the most affected by. But the worry you feel about yesterday is overshadowed about the fear of what Aizawa might do when you arrive at U.A. All Might's promise of punishment could mean anything when it comes to the unreadable Aizawa. Tsuyu and Kirishima share your sentiments as the day carries on without even a mention of the events of yesterday. Your classmates can't stop talking about what you three did. They ask endless questions. Each hour that passes by is another hour of ever growing worry and fear. His lack of attention given to the situation is concerning. You stew in your own worry, imagining his punishments and the coming consequences. Part of you wants him to just get it over with. 'Tear off the bandage', so to speak.

Today marks the beginning of your basic classes such as mathematics, language, science, and history. Most of these classes are taught by Present Mic of all people. His loud and excited persona is missing as he drones on about whatever topic is being taught.

Lunch comes around and the weight of all your worry is driving you mad. You find Tsuyu and Kirishima, planting yourself in a seat across from them. They too are drowning in what might be coming.

Kirishima: I keep thinking Mr. Aizawa is looking at me but when I look, his head is turned in the opposite direction. It's like he's got eyes on the back of his head.

Tsuyu: He loomed over me when Mina and Yaoyorozu were asking about the attack. He didn't say a word ribbit! He just stood there!

Kirishima: Menacing- I thought he was scary yesterday but this is different.

You: You know what's funny? He hasn't done a thing and we're shaking in our boots. We're scaring ourselves, but we know something is going to happen, right?

Tsuyu: That's what All Might said.

Lunch goes by faster than you want it to. The bell rings and you prepare yourself for your next class. Hero Basic Training. Returning to homeroom means returning to Aizawa, but to your surprise and the surprise of everyone else, he isn't in the room. You know you'll be training with All Might, but where was he?

You tap your desk as anxiety builds up. The usual effect of anxiety causes objects to levitate around you. It catches your attention. Aizawa's words about needing to get it under control echoes in your mind. You tune out the murmuring of your classmates and close your eyes to focus. A pencil, eraser, a notebook, and pen are hovering about an inch off the desk. You think about what's causing them to float. Your emotions. They overflow your body with energy, leading to some leaking out into the open. Small objects are effected the most because of their size. It takes very little power to move them, so the loose energy moves them about like a fan blowing shreds of paper. You think of the metaphorical punctures that your emotions create. Your anxiety can be controlled like everyone else's. Sometimes its hard to do so, but its not the first time you've battled with it. You instill a new thought process about your anxiety. Each time it causes things to levitate, you'll isolate what's making you feel so nervous and work on fighting it rather than yourself. Aizawa is the source. No, not Aizawa. The prospect of the impending punishment is what's making you nervous. Not knowing what it is or when it will come is freaking you out. Your mind latches onto the fear, not letting it go because it's constantly being refreshed. It's coming to get you, but that's it. It's coming, and you can't stop it. And what does it mean when it gets you? When the time finally arrives, what will the anxiety that dogged you down mean? Aizawa appears to be ruthless, but fair. What scenarios are you afraid of?