Chapter 4 The Return Home

Nora stood outside the hideout, she sighed as the sky slowly brightened. She'd had a hard time sleeping these last two days. She'd tried tiring herself out by training and getting back into the swing of things but that hadn't help. Walks, teas, foods nothing was helping. She leaned against a post; the others would be getting up soon. Kuro, her black slug sat on her shoulder nodding off. Her others were fast asleep in her bag.

"What are you doing up? Not sleeping again?" It was Eli who spoke. She turned to look at him. He yawned and stretched as he walked up.

"Not really, there is too much on my mind. I did sleep a lot these last couple years." She gave a small smile. Slugterra had been relatively quiet and it unsettled her. A few thieves and gang issues but nothing major, she should be glad but she wasn't. All it meant was Blakk was gearing up for something big. She sighed again, she knew there was something she had to do but she was avoiding it.

"What's on your mind?" He asked looking over at her. He'd come to accept she wasn't as talkative and liked silence. He wondered though it she'd always been like this or if blakk had changed her.

"I.... I need to visit my family home." She had been avoiding it she knew it would bring good and bad memories. She practically relived most of the bad ones when she closed her eyes, but it was something else to go to the place where it happened.

"Well when do you want to go? We'll head out with you," He smiled; she needed to get used to this team thing and know she wasn't on her own.

"Oh are we going somewhere?" Trixie asked walking out with a steaming mug. Nora chuckled at the two. All of them were positive and friendly and never let her get lost in bad thoughts.

"I guess we are," She smiled and stood up straight. Kuro yawned and fell luckily she caught him. "We are going home," He made a happy noise that sounded like a chirp.

A few hours later after breakfast they were closing in on her family home. They followed a rode up to the large property. She stopped and stared at the house, her home. It was a large house with a connected mech beast garage. There was a workshop out back, a corral for the animals off to the side and a barn. She slowly made her way to the front of it. The group stayed quiet wanting to give her some quiet. She dismounted and looked up and took a deep breath.

"Do you want to go in alone?" Eli asked as the rest of the team dismounted and walked up. She shook her head.

"No, you guys can come in too," She had no idea what state it'd be in though. It didn't look damaged at all which surprised her. She would have thought Blakk would have torn it down. Nora walked up to the door and turned the knob. She was surprised again to find it locked, "That's....odd." The team looked at each other not sure why she found a locked door odd. "I saw Blakk kick down this door; I was just on the other side when it happened. "

"And it's not like Blakk would just put a new one in. Do you think someone made it?" Kord asked looking around; it didn't look like anyone had taken care of the place.

"I doubt it, and I'd rather not give myself false hope," She smiled at him, it was that sad smile. She pulled out a key and slipped it into the lock, she turned it and a click could be heard. They'd used the same lock, she didn't like this.

"Let's be careful guys, I get the feeling we aren't the firsts to be visiting." Eli pulled out his blaster just in case. Nora agreed with the young leader, something felt odd. She opened the door and walked in blaster held at the ready. She stepped in and looked around, nothing. It was dark and the building needed airing out. It was obvious no one had been inside in a long time. The whole team was inside and nothing happened. They turned on their flashlights and opened a few windows to let in some light. It was so odd the furniture was covered and so little seemed missing or broken. She was sure her cousin had been thrown against that table and it got smashed.

"Something is odd isn't it," Eli asked walking up. He looked concerned as he looked around. He was also taking in her home though, looking at the place she'd grown up in. He wondered how different things would have been if he'd lived in slugterra his whole life.

"it is...." She was cut off by a high pitched scream. At first she thought it was Trixie until she turned around to see pronto with a blaster held to his head. Behind him was a tall imposing man, it was impossible to see what he looked like as he stood in the doorway and the light shined in behind him shadowing his front. The team quickly held up their blasters.

"Now y'all best put those down and tell me how y'all got in here," His voice deep and rough, the southern drawl not too heavy but unmistakable.

"Got in here? We had a key how did you get in?" Eli countered and glared at the unknown man.

"Key? Ain't nobody alive with a key but me," The man scanned the group and his gaze stopped on Nora. It was then that she realized who he was, how had she forgotten had her mind been damaged while she was held captive.

"Kain? Is that you?" She gasped holstering her blaster.

"Nora there ain't no way," He pulled away from proto and walked to Nora. The team could now see him. He was a tall, fit, 20 some odd year old very handsome man. He quickly pulled her into a hug. "I never thought I'd see you again."

"I thought they got you too," She hugged him back, much to the team's surprise. They'd all learned she wasn't the touchy feely type. So if she was hugging this man who was he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry guys I've been trying to post for a long time but so many things kept popping up. I am trying to keep this coming as often as i can get them out. I am sorry for the delay and I hope you don't hate me. So here is the fourth chapter I hope you liked it and want to read more. 

So who is this mysterious cowboy named Kain? Will he be a friend  or foe? What will Nora do now that she has someone from her past? And when is this ship going to sail? All good things will come with time. 

Thank you for reading and I'll see you guys in the next chapter Bye