Chapter 9 - Black Hearts

His heart was clenching painfully, why? It couldn't be ignored. Riddle held a hand to his chest and tried exhaling but this only doubled the agony spreading. Ever since he read the demotivating letter, the unbending level of concentration he always had was breaking slowly.

More black and red in his line of vision, an ominous strange soundless voice yet words were comprehended by his head telling him everyone was laughing at his mistakes.

"Why are you following me?" Riddle finally stopped, reaching another corridor far from where the next class was supposed to take. He intended to go East but decided to venture lower and avoided his classmates for a while.

But he didn't get there alone, one of his annoyances tailed him.

Mary stepped back, holding Blanc in her arms. "...I don't know, I guess–"

"You do not know? And you guess?! Do you have a mind of your own?" Riddle said venomously, unable to reign in his anger. Gray eyes continued looking steely as he glared at the redhead.

She almost cowered at the loudness of his voice despite being centimeters taller and spoke again. "I do not want to be alone with those people, I want to thank you for saving me too"

"I did not save you, foolish girl" Riddle denied, "Rasmus was breaking a rule so it was necessary for me to do what's right"

Mary frowned at his bluntness but she couldn't find any good comeback. "I'm going back to class..." With her head bowed and a dejected air around her, she turned away from Riddle and left.

Rounding to a corner the girl bumped into someone and looking up, it was the tall boy whom she accidentally threw her magic pen at.

"Mary, is it?" He asked, a little sleepy and curious. "Your friends are looking for you"

More embarrassment and trippings after the other, the girl wanted to bury her head in the ground. "Yes, I was about to meet with them..." She replied meekly.

"It's Silver," He introduced, from his pocket he took out the magic pen she threw at his face. "Here is your pen by the way, you left it"

Mary took it quickly from his hand, "I'm really sorry, it was an accident! I was trying to check if I could cast a spell but it didn't work and I ended up throwing the pen"

A nonchalant shrug from Silver, he didn't appear to be that interested. "It's fine, no damage done, your friends are waiting outside the cafeteria" He pointed a thumb behind him.

Like what Silver said Grim and the duo from Heartslabyul Dorm were pacing outside the cafeteria.

Grim was the first to react so animatedly as if the world was crumbling under him. "Where did you run off to?!"

"Grim, you're overreacting..." Deuce stated.

But the raccoon-cat creature shook his head, "No! I'm not! She can be picked on easily and it's not that I care or anything but as the leader of Ramshackle Dorm–" He proclaimed, "I will not allow this silly bean under my supervision to be handpicked randomly!"

"Can we just talk about how we can remove this annoying piece of crap around my neck?! If that shortie wants some tarts, let's freaking get him a 6-foot long tart!" Ace interjected.

The hole in Mary's heart remained while they were talking at the same time about their plan, she couldn't forget Riddle's words and how he was right. She was incomplete. Her head was empty.

She gave them a fake reassuring cheerful look, "Why don't we head to class and talk about it there?"

The Fairy's Blessing (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें