Glitter makes everything better

Start from the beginning

"What took you both so long to get here?" He asked, glaring at both Calliope and Isabelle who looked at each other without much nervousness in his presence.

"Croissant?" Calliope offered him, causing Isabelle to snort a laugh, but Alec clearly didn't find it amusing enough. Making her sigh, lowering the paper bag of pastries that she initially offered him, placing them on a table not far from where they stood. "We went to Brooklyn College," Calliope gave in, leaning against the table with a small pout on her lips.

"What could be so important in that school that you had to sneak out? I thought you understood why you had to stay here," Alec started to reprimand Calliope. In a way it felt a little insulting to Calliope as she was being treated by him as if she was a child, she wasn't rebelling at all. In fact, she followed most of the things he asked of her.

"Don't pin this as if I've been a nuisance to you all day. I stayed here in the institute like you asked, but you seem to forget that before I even found out about this world, I was a college student. I never missed lecture days, I busted my ass to keep my GPA up, so don't treat my 'mundane' efforts like it's nothing," she blew up at him.

Alec only stared at her, unsure how he would approach this without her blowing him up again. To be fair, she did ask him to go with her but he brushed her off, the way he and Jace fought at the Hotel was still fresh in his mind. He wasn't being fair to her at least, and she was right, she followed all the things he asked of her, his job was a lot easier without the second coming of child tantrums like what her sister had been doing this past week. He lets out a deep breath.

"Fine."

"Fine, what?" Calliope raised a brow at him.

"I'm not going to ask you to stay locked in the institute if you have anything to do related to your education," he expanded on. He could see the shift in her eyes, from being pissed and frustrated was replaced by surprise and a hint of joy, her lips formed into a bright smile. "But you have to tell me when you're leaving, or at least get someone to go with you. If Valentine is looking for you and your sister, it's better if you're protected."

He didn't expect what happened next, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his neck, being pulled down briefly before he was released. Calliope Fairchild's hug caught him off guard, he realized that after she released him, barely hearing the thank you's before she disappeared down the hall.

"You okay, big brother?" Isabelle asked, the teasing hint of her voice snapped him out of the state he was put in. Clearing his throat, shaking away the startle he felt.

"You should go get breakfast," he mumbled as he was about to leave her, Isabelle stopped him by handing him a brown paper bag and a to-go cup. The same ones that Calliope had set on the table before he reprimanded her.

"Calliope bought this for you, figured you'd be hungry from running around all night," Isabelle tells him, handing both items to him before walking away. And yet again he was left stunned.

Passing by Clary's room, Calliope peeked inside to see her sister and Simon talking, a grave look on Clary's face while Simon frowned. Bothered by this scene, usually Clary and Simon would be smiling from ear to ear talking as if they hadn't seen each other in years, Calliope decides to knock on the door.

"Hey," she greeted from the now opened door, "you guys okay? What's wrong?" Calliope asked as she entered the room, getting a better look at Clary. "Claire-bear?"

"I dreamed of something," Clary starts to explain, "I was strapped to this piece of furniture, and mom was there… you were there too but it looked like you were sleeping?" Clary recounted, unsure of the last detail regarding her sister.