3

As I helped Minnie hold her hair back, she got sick in the toilet. "It's okay, Mins. Let it out." I was rubbing her back and being patient. It never bothered me doing this for her, I know she'd do the same for me. Minnie stayed, hugging the toilet seat for a moment before she sat up.
"I wanna go to bed, Ara." She whined and lifted her arms for me to help her up. I stood her up and helped her brush her teeth before getting her some PJs and water with aspirin. After Minnie was in bed, I borrowed some PJs for myself and climbed in bed with her.

I spent the night tossing and turning. Things just weren't making much sense. Would I have been happier if I spent the night with Dean and never heard from him again? Why did he ask if it was okay that he was touching me? Whatever. If he ever texts me I'd be surprised. Thoughts were sitting in my head, though. Thoughts of his voice, his hands, his smile.

I finally drifted off to sleep. I assume somewhere around 3:00 A.M.. It was only a short 5 hours later I woke up to the smell of bacon and coffee. I sat myself upright and saw the side of the bed that Minnie was sleeping on, already made up. I decided now would be a good time to get up. Since it was Saturday, nothing much was going on for me. I made up my side of the bed and headed out to the kitchen.

Sitting on the island, I plucked a piece of bacon from a plate. "Good morning, Sunshine." I greeted Minnie. She already had on day clothes and had her hair curled and makeup perfected. "I'll never understand how you do that." I looked Minnie up and down.
"Do what?" She asked, pouring a cup of coffee and handing it to me. She knew exactly what. I shot her a sideways glance.

"Look all perfect and healthy after a night out. I swear, I have 2 drinks and I'm down for a week." I chuckled, taking a sip of coffee.
"Or you drink nothing at all and leave your phone in the bathroom all night. No alarms? No reminders?" She placed my phone next to me face down. "Get your tooshy off my counter." She nudged my thigh with the back of her hand. I hopped down.

I picked up my phone to check my notifications. I felt my heart sink down to my stomach at the notification. "Minnie..." my voice was unreasonably shakey. "Minnie, he texted me." I put down my cup of coffee. I had spent all night convincing myself he wouldn't text me and he did.
"What does he want?" Minnie asked. I read his text aloud.
Dean: Good morning, beautiful. How did you sleep?

Minnie read the look on my face. "Just answer his question, freak. Then ask how he slept. Keep the conversation going. I swear, men are a foreign creature to you."
I rolled my eyes and composed my text.

Arabella: I slept fine. Thanks for asking. How'd you sleep?

A response almost immediately from him.

Dean: I slept alright.