The Truth

(Author's note: Hey guys. Sorry, this chapter took longer to do than usual. I was busy for a while, catching up on other hobbies, and looking for a new job, as you may have known, My grandmother passed away, so I had to go out of town to attend her funeral, Rest her soul. Anyway, I hope this was worth the wait, please enjoy.)

"Talking"

"Thinking"

"SHOUTING/YELLING"

(3rd PersonPov)

The four of you were driving back to the Gillman's residence with Agatha in the driver's seat, Brill in the passenger's seat, and you and Ruby in the back. There was an air of suspense as everyone was silent along the way. As you were closing in on Ruby's home, you turned toward your friend to see how she was doing. It was clear on her face that she was tensed and confused. You couldn't blame her, considering everything that happened this morning. Even so, you felt that you should comfort her somehow, so you placed a hand over hers. The sudden contact pulled her out of her trance and she looked down at your hands before looking up at you. You gave a small smile and squeezed her hand gently as a way to tell her that it was going to be okay. The gesture gave her a little comfort as she returned the smile, albeit smaller and the worry still visible on her face. Then, Agatha broke the silence, catching both of your attention.

Agatha: Y/N, listen. What you are going to learn is very serious and secretive to our family. I need you to promise to not tell anyone about what you'll hear. Not even your parents. Can I trust you to do that?

She sounded serious when she requested it which only made Ruby worry more. You too were a bit worried, but knew this wasn't something you could just pretend to forget and act like everything is normal.

Y/N: *nods* Yes ma'am. I promise.

Agatha: *sighs* ok.

As soon as you made it to the house, Ruby was the first to enter with you following right after. You both walked passed her father who was leaning on the desk of his shop, enjoying a cup of coffee, and Sam who was sitting atop it next to Arthur, playing a videogame.

Arthur: Hey, Tadpole, Y/N. What's up?

Ruby: How would I know? No one tells me anything.

Arthur was confused by her response and Sam glanced at his sister curiously until Agatha came in.

Agatha: Ruby went into the ocean, Arthur.

Arthur immediately freaked out while Sam dropped his game system.

Arthur: Oh, no! *gestures to Y/N* Did he...

Y/N: Yes, I saw.

Arthur: Oh, no!

Y/N: Don't worry, I already promised not to tell.

Sam: So you didn't die?

Then Brill walked into the shop.

Brill: Die? Why would she die?

Arthur: *annoyed* Oh, no.

Soon after Sam and Brill noticed each other.

Sam/Brill: *points at each other* Who's this guy/kid?

Arthur: Uh, that's our son, Sam.

As soon as Brill heard that, he picked up Sam in excitement.

Brill: Son? As in, I'm an uncle? Again?

He holds up the youngest kraken, who was equally excited, up in the air by his leg.

Sam: I've never had an uncle before.

Brill: *lowers Sam to his level* And I've never had a nephew before.