But in a world that allows her to roam freely, she's accepted that innocence will never come close to her. Pulling the trigger isn't hard and stopped being hard a long time ago.

So she pulls it and the young man who once handed her coffee is just another tally mark in her book of deaths related to Alexandria Deveraux.

Eight Years Later

"This is going to be a reunion between you two." Young Elias exclaims and stops when he's met with Billie's glare.

It is the next morning after Walter's surprise visit to Billie's apartment, tasking with her most important and resilient target in all of her career. She's walking with a good friend, actually her only friend, down the streets of the south side of Chicago.

One hand is holding her to go cup of coffee that contains just one cream and no sugar and the other hand is fiddling with her necklace. "Not necessarily a reunion of we've never seen each other, Elias."

Elias scoffs loudly and nudges Billie a bit. "But still, you both have heard of each other. It's been how many years since you've been hunting for her?" He asks her, already knowing the answer.

"10 years now. But she's close, she's been seen in Chicago, according to Walter." Billie looks down at her left over coffee and just hands the rest over to her friend who tosses it in the nearest trash can. "Do you have a plan of some sort?"

"Elias..." Billie sends him another look and he begins to nod in understanding. "You're asking too many questions and we're out in public."

"Right, sorry." He realizes and the two odd match up of friends continue their walk for the next half an hour. On the walk, Billie receives stares of gratitude and attraction along with stares of pure fear from her fellow Chicagoans.

Elias on the other hand is buzzing with a lot of energy and wants to stop at every store he and his friend passes. When they finally arrive at Billie's apartment, Elias is quick to make himself comfortable on her soft couch.

Billie ignores him and heads towards her room, removing her jacket and placing it neatly in her closet. When she comes out, she spots Elias rummaging through her fridge and she reaches up to him and plucks him by his ear.

"Food isn't cheap, you know."

He groans loudly, while popping a blueberry into his mouth. "You have money. There's no need to be complaining." He counters. She rolls her eyes and snatches the carton of fruit from her.

"I called you here for a reason, in all seriousness." She tells him. "And what's that reason?" He asks.

Billie puts the carton of blueberries back in the fridge and turns to Elias. "If I'm correct. I might know the reason why Alexandria is back in Chicago."

Elias nods at her words and allows her to continue. "There's a convention event at the Big Hall in Lincoln Park tonight and Marcus Franco is supposed to be there."

"Marcus Franco is?" Elias raises a brow. "A man with a lot of money and he's also someone who fills in all of the boxes of men she targets."

"I see why I'm here now." Elias nods in realization and he smirks when his friend nods, sealing her plan. "I'm going, but I can't look like regular old Billie. And you're the best in the game for that."

With those words, the next three hours turns into making Billie into an entire new human. Her black strands turning blonde, blue eyes are more brown, and at the end of it all, no one could be able to tell if it's Billie or not.

"Can I come with you?" Elias asks her. "I could be your plus one."

"Absolutely not," Billie tells him sternly. She's risked so much bringing a mundane into her home and allowing him to know the truth about her and her life, the last thing she would do is involve him. "You are on a need to know basis."

"I know, I know," He throws his hands up in defense. "Your life seems like so much fun, though." He pouts and then laughs at the bewildered look he receives from his friend. "You really must not know shit about my life."

"I think I know you pretty well." He counters back. "If you did, you would've never said this is fun."

To be fair, Elias truly was on a need to know basis. To him, Billie was simply a spy who needed to get information out of people assigned to her. Somewhat true, but a lot was being left out, for his own sake.

Running late on time, she allows him to help her into her red backless dress. It's made out of pure silk, falls to the floor and trails behind her by in few inches. The front of it is adorned with white gold pieces and the dress is simply enough that it doesn't need any jewelry.

Her blonde hair has been neatly put up into an updo, curls falling neatly down her face. Her makeup is simple, which really wasn't her decision because Elias thought her face naturally spoke for itself.

"Pass me that box over there." He listens and grabs the silver box and places it in front of the girl. She opens the box and finds Elias' reaction comical to what's in the box. One by one, she takes a small blade after another small blade and hides it strategically on her person.

She slips a few into her hair, one between the cleavage of her chest, two at the base of her heels, and one final blade by her thigh that she knows won't move since it's being pressed against her skin by the tight dress.

She walks out of her room, while putting her earrings in and passing herself in the mirror. "You're staring, Elias." She tells him and he doesn't stop.

"I mean, who wouldn't," He responds back to her. "You look so stunning." He adds again. Billie just rolls her eyes at him and holds her hand out, telling him she needed help with her bracelet.

"Thanks." She whispers vaguely to him, grabbing her keys. "Wait, you're driving there?" He raises a brow. "Pfft, no. I'm catching a cab."

"Are you sure? I can drive you there, I don't have to go inside."

Billie looks at him funny again. "Elias, you're not going anywhere near that place. It's way too dangerous with her being there, I'll be fine taking a cab for one night."

Author's Note: Cheers to me being consistent on updates!