Chapter 14:

Daoming Si was nervous.

He and Jackie had returned from England but he had returned with the acceptance from Jackie's dad to marry her.

He intended to ask her out tonight at the beach but his nerves were hitting him.

What if she said no? What if she broke up with him?

Daoming Si could only sit on Jackie's couch nervously as he waited for her to come back from the bathroom, left alone to his anxious.

Hearing the toilet flush he took a deep breath and schooled his features as Jackie came out.

"Hey babe." Jackie said kissing Ah Si softly before pulling back.

"So, what should we do tonight? Movie, dinner?" Jackie asked as Ah Si took his chance.

"Actually I was thinking we could go to the beach tonight." Ah Si said as Jackie gave him a confused look.

"At night? Well no one will be there. Alright let's do it!" Jackie said as Ah Si smiled in relief that she agreed before standing.

"I have to go, I have to meet up with my sister about work stuff but I'll see you soon!" Ah Si said as Jackie hummed a bit unconvinced but nodded, kissing her boyfriend goodbye as he ran out the door.

He wasn't totally lying.

He was going to visit his sister but not for work stuff. She was helping him plan the proposal.

She had met Jackie and loved her immensely and had actually screamed when her brother told her he was proposing.

Jackie however watched her boyfriend practically leap out the door and shrugged, going to her closet to pick out the perfect outfit.

"Hmm...what says nighttime beach date?" Jackie thought as she began to plan.
————————————————————————
Later That Day At Sunset:

Jackie looked out her window as she saw the sun setting, smiling at the view before she grabbed her purse, knowing her boyfriend would be there soon.

She had dressed comfortably for the beach, not wanting to wear a dress or heels.

Hearing a ding she looked down at her phone, smiling at the text before going downstairs to where her boyfriend was waiting

Ah Si stood nervous as he waited for Jackie to come down, smiling when she came into view.

"No matter where we are or what your wearing, you just get more beautiful ever time I see you..." Ah Si said softly as Jackie smiled softly, a light blush covering her cheeks.

"Thank you Ah Si..." Jackie said softly kissing him as the two hugged.

The two stood in that moment basking in their love for one another before coming apart, Ah Si holding the door open for Jackie who giggled.

"Why thank you kind sir!" Jackie said curtsying as Ah Si laughed and shook his head fondly.

"Your quite welcome my lady!" Ah Si said bowing before closing the door and getting in the drivers side, starting the car before driving off.

The couple jammed out to Shakira as they drove to the beach, before stopping as Ah Si opened the car for Jackie and covered her eyes.

"Ah Si? What are you doing?" Jackie asked with a giggle as Ah Si smiled

"I have a surprise for you!" Ah Si said as Jackie smiled softly and allowed her boyfriend to lead her down the beach, stopping at some point.

"Alright, keep your eyes closed until I say open." Ah Si said as Jackie nodded.

Hearing shuffling she wondered what was happening before Ah Si spoke.

Jackie opened her eyes and gasped.

In front of her Ah Si was on one knee with a beautiful diamond ring in his hand as cute but amazing decorations surround them.

Daoming Si smiled at the awe on her face and took a breath before speaking

"Jackie Brianna Carrington, From the moment I met you, I knew my life was about to change, and I couldn't be more grateful for that, You are my best friend, my confidant, and my greatest love, Our journey together has been nothing short of amazing and In you, I found my forever..." Daoming Si said as tears of happiness came to Jackie's eyes.

"So, I ask this with full commitment and love, Jackie Brianna Carrington, will you marry me...?" Ah Si asked as Jackie smiled widely

"Yes..." Jackie whispered as Ah Si smiled

"Yes?" Ah Si asked in relief as Jackie laughed with tears of joy.

"Yes yes yes! A thousand times yes!" Jackie said as she tackled Ah Si, the couple falling to the ground with a laugh.

Ah Si smiled up at his girlfriend, kissing her gently before pulling back, placing the ring gently on her finger as Jackie admired it.

"Perfect..." Jackie said with a smile as Ah Si smiled softly

"Just like my fiancé." Ah Si said as Jackie looked to him.

"I like that! Finance!" Jackie said as Ah Si laughed before reconnecting their lips.

The couple basking in their love and affection, celebrating their engagement.

Neither aware that Daoming Feng, Daoming Si's mother, was on her way to England to meet her son's fiancé, finding out from her daughter.