In a moment of silent communication, Carina held her hand out for the hair brush and she was quickly handed the brush - smiling as she ushered the teen towards the bed.

She smoothed the brush through the young females knotted hair, humming softly as she did so. It didn't seem to be in English as Fynleigh tried to figure it out to no avail. Surprisingly, the woman's touch was so gentle - even down to ever so carefully getting rid of small tangles in her hair.

"You have such beautiful hair Fynnie. What would you like?" Carina complimented sincerely, running a hand loosely through her soft red hair. There was a small shrug in response as Fynleigh had no clue as to what she wanted. Generally and in this moment, she didn't think she'd get this far and that Carina would have actually wanted to help her.

She settled on a simple braid, making quick work of a braid going down her back as she grabbed some hair ties out of the bedside table.

"Sei bellissima." The Italian woman smiled warmly, placing a small kiss on top of her head, as she brushed some hair out of her face. She explained that she was beautiful as confused brown eyes stared up at her, earning a blush from the girl and a small smile.

As she followed Carina out into the living room and mimicked the woman's actions, putting on her shoes left by the door.

"There's my beautiful girls." Maya smiled, emerging from the bedroom dressed and ready as she grabbed her car keys.

The newfound family stood outside of the Bailey- Warren household as Carina knocked on the door softly.

"Come in, come in. You must be freezing." Bailey smiled, waving the females in as the chilly autumn air whistled and blew into the house.

Fynleigh was met with a kind smile from the woman as she clicked the door shut and immediately turned to her.

"Hey honey, we met briefly at the hospital please call me Miranda. My husband Ben is in the kitchen - he works with your m- uh Maya. Tuck is in the living room, probably stuck to his phone screen." Bailey smiled warmly at her, correcting herself from saying the word mom as Maya and Carina eyed her frantically. The small family were lead into the living room and invited to sit down as Miranda excused herself to check on the food in the oven.

"Hey. You must be Fynleigh, nice to meet you." Tucker looked up from his phone and smiled at the red head.

"Mhm, unless Maya and Carina have another fucked up foster kid." Fynleigh mumbled to the boy with a smirk who quietly laughed in return.

The two teenagers felt akward as fuck as all the adults seemed to be trying to subtly watch them - she felt like an animal on a freaking nature documentary.

"Hey mom, can we go up to my room?" Tuck eyed his mother hopefully, feeling incredibly awkward as they seemed to be the focus of everybody's attention.

"Mhm, you got twenty minutes till dinner is finished. Door stays open!" Bailey yelled to her son shaking her head with an amused smile. Tuck immediately took the opportunity to retreat to his room but stopped on the stairs when he realised the red head hadn't moved.

Fynleigh glanced between her fellow teen and her foster mothers with nervous eyes, almost asking for permission and silently asking if it would be safe.

"Go on hun, you don't want to sit around and listen to us and our boring adult talk." Maya joked as she gave her foster daughter an encouraging smile.

"I promise I'm not a psychopath or anything." Tuck grinned. He'd always been told by his mother to be kind even if others weren't and he'd do his damn best to cheer the girl up and make her feel comfortable.