𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐀𝐋𝐁𝐔𝐒 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄 stared at the lifeless body of his student

𝐀𝐋𝐁𝐔𝐒 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄 stared at the lifeless body of his student. He felt his eyes water. Jane had given everything for the order, put up one heck of a fight as well.

20 vs 1.

It wasn't fair, but neither was life or death it took who it wanted without care for the consequences it had on others, and when death comes for, it comes swiftly like a predator with its prey. Watching and waiting for the right moment before striking.

He closed her lifeless eyes the once ocean blue eyes that gleamed with fascination had died. She had managed to kill a fair few before she was taken out 12 of the death eaters.

She had taken out strong opponents it was only a stray killing curse that Albus had watched hit her as he arrived watching the light leave the eyes of his protege.

He had taught her everything he knew from the moment she stepped into the hogwarts castle he knew she would be a force to reckoned with. When more news of Voldermort spread he knew it was a matter of time before he would die and he had indeed to pass the torch of the order of the phoenix down to her. Only she was beaten in what was supposed to be a simple mission.

He couldn't tell what was worse the fact her dead body was lying in the ground or that the last spell she has casted, Fiendfyre, that took form of patronus a dragon was only now dying out as if to protect her body from the deatheaters.

-

Dumbledore had placed her body in coffin planning to throw her a funeral later in the week for now he had to inform her friends and family.

Not now.

Dumbledore looked around, confused.

Keep her body safe. Persevere.

Life ritual. Twelve years.

Blood sacrifice.

Death must reap what it is due.

That's when it clicked, he was supposed to go on this mission not her. She had offered due to it being a small one and he had needed rest. It was his fault.

Dumbledore stared at the coffin before making the hardest decision of his life he had to formulate a lie. That would make certain if she returns people would expect it. He also had a feeling he knew exactly where this spell for the ritual is.

-
For twelve years Dumbledore lied to everyone hiding possibly the biggest secret he had ever held the body of Jane Salvatore was hidden in a secret room in his office being held in the same state with magic.

He had told everyone she had to leave on an important mission and when she would be back was uncertain.

Throughout this time he had carefully gathered ingredients around the world to set up the ritual.

And twelve years later he put it in place.

Whilst it was Halloween for many in hogwarts all Dumbledore could think it is finally time. He had left a will saying in no uncertain terms that the new headmaster of this school would be Minerva McGonagall and that all his fortune would be left for Jane Salvatore alongside his private library collection, his estate and his phoenix.

He also left another will stating that she was to receive the order of the phoenix. To become the leader he knew she would day be.

So as he stared out at the children in the castle enjoying there meal with their friends.

He spoke in light convosation with everyone knowing this was his last meal.

-
"Mipsy please pass me the calk." Albus asked holding out his hand as he stared at the runes before carefully placing a key ingredient.

Mipsy handed him the calk. As he drew an intricate rune.

He had finished with the two circles. The resurrection circle and the circle of the afterlife.

Before he placed Jane's body in the circle he first wrote a note explaining the situation mentioning that she had died, Lily and James and their son Harry and how he was the key however he also wrote how he believed this can all be avoided with her here.

He carefully picked up her body apologising for the amount fo pressure she was going to be under before lying her in the resurrection circle before he himself layed down in the afterlife circle before spluttering as he coughed up blood feeling his vision go blurry before seeing a hooded figure, death.

-

Jane gasped awake looking around disoriented in the dark room. She groaned thinking she had been kidnapped by the death eaters standing up wobbling.

She gasped as she saw the body of Albus Dumbledore lying down next to her except he was in a pool of his own blood and he looked about 14 years older.

Jane felt tears pool at her eyes before running down her red cheeks. She let out a scream that made soundwaves crash against the foundation shaking the entirety of hogwarts. She crawled herself over to him shaking heavily pleading with him to wake up.

She started breathing heavily as a house elf that she recongised as Mipsy although looking older.

"Miss Salvatore my Master left you this letter just know that he did this for a cause." She spoke softly not trying to terrify Jane more that she already was.

Jane grabbed the letter intending to open it when she heard.

"Don't move!" A stern yet cold voice spoke from her.

She didn't have her wand so just shakily brought her hands up thinking it was death eaters. She looked at Mipsy to go before it was too late before realising she had already left.

"Turn around." Jane turned to face the voice scared. Only to be met with an older Serverus Snape.

"Jane." He whispered looking at her with wide eyes like a deer in headlights. His skin paled further if that was possible before his cheeks turned an angry red.

"You're coming with me." Jane tried to splutter out anything but nothing left her lips as she looked between the dead Albus Dumbledore and the older Serverus Snape.