Six

ROWAN

Belly's birthday is in two weeks. I still have not bought her a present yet since we usually celebrate when she arrives back from Cousins. Truly, I have zero idea what to get her and I feel that this gift needs to be very special since it will be her sweet sixteen.

For my birthday which was in March, Belly gave me this really cool basket that had all of my favorite things. Candy, popcorn, perfume and lotion, a key chain, a very nice Sherpa blanket, gift cards to specifically spend on Volleyball stuff, and a homemade friendship bracelet. I swear she spent so much on me, but she later told me that Laurel helped her out with some of the costs.

I'm very easy and simple to buy gifts for, but Belly is so hard.

Sure, I could throw all her favorite candy and snacks into a basket and she'd be thrilled, but I want to do something special.

Taylor already told me that she bought Belly a bikini. This doesn't surprise me because Taylor is always trying to convince her to wear more 'appealing' clothes. Hence, the reason why she packed us two of her summer dresses.

I sat up from my bed. It was about 10 in the morning on a Saturday and I know I shouldn't be wasting away my time here in this room.

Belly is out with Cam already and I believe Conrad is hanging out with Nicole. Steven is hanging with Shayla, of course. I'm not exactly sure what Susannah and Laurel have planned for the day, and I'm pretty sure Jeremiah woke up early to go surfing.

There were fresh muffins on the counter again so I gladly took one. My stomach had been grumbling for about an hour now, but I was too lazy to move.

Taking a bite of the delicious goodness, I was now in the company of Jeremiah who walked in the patio door, hair dripping down his bare chest.

Does this man ever wear a shirt?

"Look who finally decided to wake up." He smiled, walking over to the kitchen island and pulling out the seat next to me.

"I've been up for about an hour actually." I said matter-of-factly.

Jeremiah grabbed a muffin for himself, unwrapping it from the paper.

"On TikTok I presume?" He smirked and took a gigantic bite of his muffin.

I shoved him softly, standing up from the stool I was sitting on. "Yes, but now I'm ready to do something."

When I said I was ready, I still needed to shower and do my makeup.

"Well, what do you want to do?"

I started to take my hair out of the bun I had it in. "I was actually wondering if you'd be able to help me pick out Belly's birthday present."

Jeremiah stood up from the stool he was sitting on and the both of us started walking up the stairs. "Yes, I would love to. I just need to take a quick shower."

He was behind me on the stairs and I knew if I didn't make a run for it now, I would have to shower after him.

Without hesitation, I ran down the hallway and to the bathroom. Jeremiah must have caught on because before I could slam and lock the door he pried it open and wrapped his arms around me.

"Jeremiah, please! If I shower now then you can shower while I do my makeup." I pleaded as he walked me over to my room.

"I don't mind waiting." He set me down on my bed and ran back to the shower.

I threw my head back in defeat. This boy, I swear.

We both got ready and were now in his Jeep driving to town. Jeremiah told me that he got Belly a charm for her charm bracelet which I told him was really sweet.