The Curse of Contradiction

Author's note:
The characters, places, and some events are not mine. They belong to the creator of Fairy Tail.

Zeref began to cry. His sweet Mavis had stopped moving after their passionate kiss. He knew what must have happened. He took her life.

He hardened his heart as he carried her back to the guild hall. Precht gaped in astonishment as Zeref walked a straight path towards the guild. His hair covered the top half of his face, his lip tilted down into a frown.

He stopped abruptly in front of Precht. He dropped Mavis' body. A thud echoed as her body hit the ground, and Zeref felt his heart crack, but he ignored it. Precht proceeded to ask many questions, but Zeref left him with no answers. Zeref's tears fell as he left Mavis behind, a piece of his heart staying with her.

After a period of time, Precht had begun his process of attempting to resuscitate Mavis. Many years went by, and Mavis was left to the knowledge of Makarov as Precht left.

One day, Makarov went below the guild hall to check on Mavis' body. His eyes widened in shock as the scene presented itself before him.

"No." He said quietly in disbelief.
The large lacrima that contained Mavis had been shattered. Pieces of it lyed about the narrow pathway.
"It's quite alright." A voice echoed. Makarov looked around, searching for the voice.
He saw Mavis appear from the shadows. She stared at him with her hollow green eyes. Mavis tilted her head.
"Who might you be?"
Makarov took a moment before he spoke.
"I am Makarov. I am the third master of Fairy Tail."
Mavis gasped in shock. "Makarov?!" She smiled gleefully and tapped towards him with bare feet. Mavis hugged the old man tight. Her laughter filled the open space.
"The kind-hearted king," Mavis released him. Her face suddenly became serious.
"What year is it?"
Makarov began to sweat a little. "It's currently the year 742."
Mavis gasped. "Where's Zeref?!"
Makarov looked at her in shock. "Zeref? Why in the world would you be looking for him?"
Mavis put her hand to her chin. I need to go on a trip. Mavis started walking out of the space.
"Wait! I'll send someone with you!" "No" Mavis was firm. "I need to do this on my own."
Mavis left the guild in determination. She had to find Zeref, and there was something else that didn't feel right. Another presence within her lacrima.

Author's note:
Hope you enjoyed! It will get more interesting I promise. ;)