Chapter 16: A Beautiful Misunderstanding

Start from the beginning

He Yu Shen walked straight to him, sitting down beside him, "Why are you still holding it? Put it down."

His deep, sultry voice bore traces of fatigue as he leaned into Nan Yi's legs.

Nan Yi stiffened, raising the bouquet a bit higher, his entire body tensed.

Perhaps due to the bond mark, He Yu Shen found himself drawn to the faint candy scent. After days of nonstop work, he felt a wave of relaxation at this moment.

Eyes closed, he reveled in the mild candy aroma mingled with the faint scent of roses.

"Put the flowers down."

In a much softer tone, Nan Yi, still rigid, gently set the bouquet beside him.

Soon, He Yu Shen fell asleep on Nan Yi's lap. Even in slumber, with faint dark circles under his eyes, he remained strikingly handsome.

Smooth facial contours, a chiseled chin devoid of excess fat.

Such a handsome face, yet such a volatile temper.

In sleep, he resembled a graceful young prince with long, slightly curled eyelashes and sensually pursed lips.

But awake, he was more like a tyrant.

Nan Yi was spellbound.

He reached out, gently touching his eyelashes.

Feeling a touch of envy.

They were even longer than those of an omega.

He Yu Shen slept for an hour, and by the end, Nan Yi's legs felt numb and lifeless.

They tingled and stiffened, yet he dared not wake the man above.

"Shen-ge (Brother Shen)!"

The voice of Song Jing, whom Nan Yi hadn't seen in days, echoed from the hallway, making the man on his lap stir with a furrowed brow.

Nan Yi secretly rejoiced, glad that he was finally waking up.

"Shen-ge, are you upstairs?"

Song Jing's voice drew nearer, right outside the door.

Thankfully, he didn't barge in.

"How long did I sleep?"

Fully awakened by the noise, He Yu Shen radiated an imposing aura.

Nan Yi raised a finger to indicate.

He Yu Shen: "An hour?"

Nan Yi nodded in affirmation.

Upon standing, He Yu Shen briefly hesitated at the sight of the flowers on the floor.

"Seeing how eager you are to please me, what do you want? A car, a house? Name one thing, and I'll grant it."

With clear eyes, He Yu Shen took a few steps towards the door.

"Find something to place the flowers in."

He Yu Shen observed Nan Yi's wide-eyed gaze, which brimmed with deep emotion and disbelief.

A hint of redness formed at the corners of his eyes.

Just the promise of granting one wish and he's this moved? So easily contented.

It seems his relentless efforts to marry me weren't solely driven by material desires.

If one simply wants attention through small schemes, it's forgivable.

He Yushen thought, since Omega is so fond of him, obedient, and always tries to please him, he might as well treat him a bit nicer.

After He Yushen left the room, Nan Yi couldn't help but yawn.

Tears squeezed out of his eyes. He hadn't expected to feel so tired after just sitting for an hour.

His legs had also become so numb that he couldn't move.

However, He Yushen just mentioned fulfilling a request for him.

Just because he leaned on him for an hour as a cushion and a misunderstood bouquet of flowers, He Yushen was so amenable.

He doesn't seem all that irritable and indifferent after all.

"Brother Shen, how long have you been back?" Song Jing's excited voice came from outside the door.

After adjusting himself on the bed for quite some time, Nan Yi got up to pick up the flowers from the floor. He Yushen told him to keep them, but Nan Yi couldn't find a vase anywhere in the room.

He recalled seeing an empty vase on the desk in the study.

Holding the flowers, Nan Yi headed to the study. Sure enough, there was an empty vase on the desk.

Nan Yi placed a sunflower and some baby's breath inside it.

He took the remaining flowers and headed downstairs.

"Perhaps prepare a few more dishes."

A cold voice emanated from the living room, prompting Nan Yi to slow his descent.

Butler: "Understood, Young Master He."

Song Jing: "Are we expecting guests?"

He Yushen: "Yes."

Guests?

It must be that gentle Omega from earlier.

Nan Yi, carrying the flowers, slowly descended the stairs and approached the butler.

He handed over a note he had previously written to the butler.

"Sir, do you need an empty vase?" The butler inquired without even glancing at the note.

Yes.

Nan Yi nodded.

"Mr. Nan, would you like these in the bedroom? I can take them up for you," the butler offered, reaching out for the flowers in his hand.

He Yushen instructed, "Find a more attractive vase for them."

Nan Yi originally intended to place them in the living room, but since He Yushen had made the decision, he chose not to voice his preference.

As the butler departed with the flowers, Nan Yi took a seat next to He Yushen without hesitation.

He Yushen's brows raised slightly in surprise, yet he found it quite reasonable that Omega would want to sit beside him.