[3] your identity is safe with me

(i haven't really watched much miraculous since s3 so don't mind if this is not canon :D)

---

Paris is safe and my life is finally normal. I go to school, hang out with friends, embarrass myself in front of my crush, sneak off to fight villains, get my homework done and head to sleep. School isn't too difficult and the villains aren't getting too much harder either. 

That was until today.

"Chat noir, watch out!"

Cat just barely jumped out of the way of the laser heading towards him.

"Meowza! That was close. Hey laser-eyes! Don't you know what happens if you taunt a cat with a laser? You get pounced!"

Cat jumped in to try and grab the villain's bracelet. Just like the other times though, he gets pushed back, and then has to jump back to dodge more lasers.

This villain actually had two powers. As a ranged attack, it had lasers. That'd make you think to close the distance between you and the villain, but for close-range it can create a laser prison to trap you. Absolutely not fair.

Only 2 minutes into the fight I had to resort to my lucky charm. I had no idea how to beat this thing. The only thing we've figured out is that the akuma is in its bracelet.

"Cat! Buy me some time!"

"Gotcha!" Cat moved towards the villain and started to lead it on a chase.

"Okay, Lucky Charm!"

What is this???

I got a notebook. I looked around me, but nothing was buzzing to me. I flipped open the cover to read the first page. oh.

"might as well lose your spots ladybug. you can't beat this one."

How optimistic. I couldn't give up hope that easily. I met back up with Chat Noir to try and figure out a plan.

"Okay, his lasers come out of his goggles over his eyes. Maybe we can jam them?"

"With your lucky charm, milady?"

"Oh, no, my lucky charm doesn't really help with this plan..."

Chat looked surprised but we just focused on getting through with the plan. I only had five minutes left after all.

I found some tape nearby and prepared myself. Just according to plan, Chat manages to trip the villain, stunning it for a few seconds. This let me get close and tape tape over its goggles. I was about to break the bracelet but I was blocked by a laser. He had put me in a laser prison. Fairly soon after, he was able to take the tape off of his goggles, undoing everything we'd done.

Chat was getting worked up, trying to distract the villain, but it was focused. It was focused on me, mainly my earrings. It walked up to the cage, and I couldn't do anything but squirm. I was going to detransform in a minute anyway, the message was right.

It took off one of my earrings and I could already see the light of my suit fading away. Maybe I should try to stop this... Where's Chat?

Just as the villain took off my second earring, Chat had finished his plan. A car fell down on top of the villain and my cage. Luckily, the cage prevented me from being squashed and the car prevented me from being seen. Thank you, Chat.

I saw the villain sprawled under the car in shock and kicked him slightly further out.

"CHAT, NOW!"

I heard a muffled "Cataclysm!" from outside the car and saw an akuma start to fly away. Chat moved the car so he could get the villain out from under it, but so that I was still inside of it. In true cat fashion, he opened the door of the car to hand me the earrings he had grabbed from the villain.

"M-Marinette?"

...

"OH FRICK I LOOKED! this was the whole reason you put the car here, stupid cat. oh my god i'm so sorry. we aren't supposed to knowwww."

He was freaking out but he still managed to hand me my earrings so I could transform back into Ladybug before the news got there. 

"Don't worry milady! Your identity is safe with me, I swear! On all nine lives!"

"It's okay, kitty. Let's just finish this up. Miraculous ladybug!"

Paris is still safe, and it will hopefully stay that way. I trust Chat Noir with my identity. I know he won't reveal it to anyone. My life has become a bit easier, with Chat being able to contact me in my civilian identity when needed. He's also gotten me out of a few difficult situations. And Adrien has been getting a bit closer to me too! Alya is convinced he has a crush on me, and I can dream, right?

--- 
whoop whoop, i wrote something :)

word count: 700ish
requested by flameriser18

have a good day/night! also happy early thanksgiving :3