Chapter 27- Reclaiming my life

"It was you, y- you ruined me."

"Ruined? I created you."

"All this time you made me believe I was useless so I would depend on you...you made me believe everything was my fault, that I deserved to get hurt, you turned me into a freak and made me believe I was ugly why? Did you really want a maid that badly? that you went to such extent to ruin my self esteem. You made a kid feel unimportant, you render her useless to the extent she felt she was nothing without you, were you that desperate not to lose your punch bag? All this time you messed with my head and made me think I deserved to be abused, that it was really my fault for speaking up. Why? Did you really hate me that much? When I got abused by you I thought it was my fault because I was ugly and had no parents. Did you know I was grateful because I'd a family, a place to stay, clothes to wear, and I was fed; I was grateful because it made me feel lucky than most kids, but what did it cost me? Myself, my worth. I lost myself in return."

By this time I was sure my tears could create a whole river; she ruined me, made me feel like I was nothing, just a mere freak.

"Please let me go Aunty before I lose every ounce of respect I have left for you." Andrea said coldly.

"Andrea I do care about you. Your my only family-"

"No. No more lies."

"It's official I have to save you from yourself."

"Save? Like you'd know anything about saving you sadistic bitch."

"Andrea I am warning you." She said, voice threatening.

"I hate you! I wish you'd die! From the bottom of my heart." Andrea flare up.

"Well then don't blame me for doing this."

Before I know what's happening I received a deafening slap that immediately made me go silent.

"Perfect. Now that's my girl."

The car continue to move again.

"Come on don't look at me that way it's your fault you got hurt, if only you were obedient then none of this would have happened."

"Obedient." Andrea scoff.

"You know I overlooked all you did to me, I didn't want to lose you because you were my only family so I thought you could change, but now I see you can't change who you are, you can't change the fact you'd only be a monster. For every pain you caused me and for every single tears , I will make sure you rot in jail. I promise."

"But how are you going to do that? you're all alone remember? You have no one she's given up on you."

"You don't know her, she hasn't given up on me. She's different. She'd find me, I know it."

Her aunt chuckle,
"Such faith. Sadly it's not enough to back it up, you'd need  proof."

My Aunt was tense, she mutters a few curse words. I followed her gaze only to notice a vehicle tailing behind us.

My smirk grew.
"Nichole."

*****

Nichole's pov

I saw them stopped for a moment and I wondered why? But that was enough time I needed to catch up to them. Hang on Andrea I am coming.

Troy's pov

I worry Andrea would leave town, I didn't want her to; I felt guilty all of a sudden for how I treated her. It made me wonder what would have happened if only I saved her and didn't turn my back on her, when she needed me? What would have happened if only I fought for her like Nichole is doing right now, would she still have left? It was all my fault Andrea and I were separated I wish to make it up to her. I have always regretted my actions, and today I still do.  Even if I couldn't save her back then, I must save her now, I won't allow her take Andrea, I won't allow Andrea leave town not ever again.

"Let's swap places."

"Uh? You're kidding right?"

After a short while.

"Okay so you're not kidding."

*****

Andrea notice Nichole was getting closer and closer with every second.

But it still wasn't enough to catch up to Aunt Veronica.

At this rate if she does not act fast then it's over for real this time.

Aunt Veronica continue to go fast, it was scary how she drove fast.

"Aunty please stop the car I am scared." Andrea cried out.

Her trauma had just kicked in when she notice a bridge, it took her back to that awful day.

"Slow down please!" She struggled to breath while sobbing.

Everything was muffled sounds in her ear.

"I am going to die, I am going to die, I am going to die." Her eyes are wide with dread.

"Please.... Stop." She couldn't hear herself speak, even breathing  had become a problem for her.

"Don't worry dear you're not going to die, you're only going to get out of town. If you're still so scared then let's strike a deal, I promise to slow down, in return you come quietly with me, and while we are there, you do everything I tell you to. Now how about that? A fair deal if you ask me. But if you wish to meet same demise as your parents then you can as well decline."

"I... I"

She is awful, using my fear against me, I must... I must overcome, I must prevail, I have to Nichole is counting on me.

"Stop the car."

"Why! I didn't get an answer."

Andrea turn around to see Nichole was losing them, she was no longer behind them. She needed to do something. She might as well die than let her aunt control her life forever.

"Today I forcefully reclaim my life from you!"

Her aunt was stunned and so was Andrea; never in a million years did she think she could drag the steering with her aunt, she fought to be in control. She wasn't going down without a fight.

"Andrea enough stop fighting me! Let go!"

"No never."

"Why you cunning little brat!"

She was about to smack Andrea, but Andrea caught on, she caught her fist right away.

"You dare, I am your aunt show me some respect."

"You don't deserve any, I will not allow you hurt me again ever."

She quickly elbows Andrea before banging her head against the wheel.

Her aunt had managed to shook her off, only then do they realize the car was headed to the bridge. Andrea panicked.

"It's just as I predicted Andrea you'd meet the same demise just as your parents. You'd never be loved, you'd be forgotten, you'd forever be a freak!" She cackle.

No. It wasn't supposed to end like this, no not like this, her life story didn't deserve to end here. She clenched her eyes.

*Bang*

*.                   *.                  *.                  *. 

Remember every stage of your life passed only earns you a key to unlock new chapters of it lose or gained life goes on... Aimuamwosa Iroghama

We all are protagonists of our own lives because we each have stories to tell.