Playfight

19XX

Being the Royal Scientist came with great responsibilities and expectations. Gaster and you would occasionally journey out to visit the water areas and caverns, where all of the different human things were piled up.

Gaster collected all of the scientific books he could find and even took devices with him, that he would later on take apart to try and understand them. Humans saw these parts and devices probably as nothing more than trash but for Gaster it was valuable information.

An especially fascinating topic was 'electricity'. Gaster had multiple books about this topic and some of the devices he collected, also held this kind of energy. Something that was referred by humans as 'technology' and 'electrical devices' started to dominate the trash piles near the waterfalls and Gaster was very eager to try and harness this kind of technology himself.

After years of failure and success, he finally managed to create a device that could be charged by a monster's magic.

Of course, when you tried to charge it, you almost overloaded and destroyed it.

Another kink, he would have to work around for you.

Another thing, he implemented, was creating schedules and courses that would educate monsters on every topic that he considered is worth having general knowledge about.

Your part in all of this was being by his side and observing what he does to try and learn about it first-hand, so you could host all these courses and classes and explain things to monsters.

Even if it wasn't exactly official, you were Gaster's right hand.

Of course, you did not have the inventive brain like he does but you were helping enough by educating others.
You taught monsters the little knowledge you had about humans and the other topics such as how to handle magic charged devices and how they help monsters in the underground.

You gazed over Gaster's shoulder as he copied avery long formular from one of the books into his own journal and modified its valuables and who knows what else. You were already getting a headache by looking at it, so you huffed and sat down next to him instead, resting your head on the table.

Gaster was too focused to pay any attention to you, so you just lazily snaggedone of his books and skimmed through the pages. Boring. You know that one already. You just taught some monsters yesterday about it.

You flipped to another random page. This topic is too complicated to teach to anyone. You were glad you at least got to understand some of it but no way you could explain that to anyone. You put the book away again and flicked one of the pencils that were scattered across the table. It rolled right over to Gaster, and he finally shifted his attention to you instead of his books. 

He sighed in annoyance and ran his fingers over his boney face: 'How about you go and spar with some of the kids or something? Or pay a visit to Asgore and Toriel to show them mylatest ideas?'
His magic hand pointed to some rolled up posters that were standing in the corner of the room.

Gaster put all of his scrolls that were finished and ready to present there. Only for him to eventually forget outabout them because he is too focused on his work and improvements.

You eyed the scrolls and sighed, getting off your seat to pick a couple of them up. "Fine, I deliver but I won't explain." Gaster's head perked up and his magic hand floated towards you to snatch a scroll out of your hand.

'What is the point then?', he signed and shook his head, as he attempted to grab another scroll with his magic hand from you. You skillfully dodged it and turned away from him, giggling to yourself.

"I know what you are thinking right now. Bla bla I have no time for this now - important research bla.", you laughed as you kept teasing him. 

Gaster closed his journal and approached you slowly. Then he quickly shot towards you and tried to get the scrolls. You evaded once more and laughed loudly, turning back at him in amusement. "You shouldn't have stopped sparring with me, friend. You're slow." 

Gaster's face shifted into playful anger and within a moment, he engaged and managed to catch you off guard. Both of you fell to the ground, the scrolls scattering across the floor. Both of you laughed as Gaster picked himself up from the ground again and extended his hand to help you up. You gratefully took it, and he pulled you back onto your feet. 

'And you shouldn't underestimate your opponent.', signed Gaster and smiled at you. You picked up all the scrolls again, but Gaster put his hand on your arm. He took the scrolls from you, threw them back into the corner and grabbed your hand to lead you out of the room. 

'Let's go out.'