1.10 - She's Demonic

[You've met all the upper moons and have stopped two of the targets from becoming demons. Host, what are your next steps?]

Kyoko walked silently in her mindscape, searching for the cowardly demon she had thrown in disregard. 

She broke his bones like he broke the rules.

"What did you expect, Hantengu?" Kyoko's voice dripped with disdain. "You thought you could escape the consequences of your actions? The taste of freedom? You don't deserve it."

Kyoko's eyes glowed with an otherworldly intensity as she confronted the demon. The mindscape itself seemed to react to her emotions, twisting and warping in response to the volatile energy emanating from her.

"You broke the rules, and now you'll pay the price," Kyoko declared, her words resonating with an ominous certainty. "But I won't just punish you; I'll make sure you understand the gravity of your choices."

Hantengu, realizing the severity of his situation, attempted to muster a response. "You can't control me forever. I'll find a way to escape this and—"

Kyoko interrupted him with a chilling laughter. "Escape? You underestimate the power of the mind. I'll ensure you remain here, a prisoner of your own guilt and fear."

With a swift motion, Kyoko raised her hand, and the mindscape responded to her will. Chains of energy manifested, binding Hantengu in place. The air crackled as Kyoko walked closer.

Clack. Clack.

The world transformed around them as beneath her Geta* sprouted stone.

"Consider this a taste of the consequences you so desperately tried to avoid." Kyoko's voice was cold, and her eyes glinted with a ruthless determination. 

[Host!]

Shut up.

[You're going to fail your quest if you kill him!]

Hantengu stopped struggling as he stared in shock by hands that sprouted behind Kyoko, dragging her figure into the ground. 

The familiar sensation of drowning woke Kyoko from her anger. She tries desperately clawing off the hands dragging her down.

Down.

Down.

Down below she went, her consciousness slowly fading away before meeting nothing but silence. 

.

.

.

.

.

"Kyoko!"

A gentle hand grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the water. Kyoko gasped for air, her eyes wide and disoriented. The transition from the mindscape to wherever she is left her momentarily shaken. She found herself on solid ground, coughing and catching her breath. 

"Kyoko, are you alright?" 

The voice was filled with concern, and as her vision cleared, she saw a figure kneeling beside her. 

"I'm... I'm fine," Kyoko managed to say, still catching her breath. She glanced around, realizing that they were no longer in the mindscape. The oppressive energy that had filled the air was replaced by a sense of calm.

"You were consumed by anger," the gently voice said said, a mix of worry and understanding in their eyes. "I had to intervene before it overtook you completely. Killing him wouldn't have solved anything."

Kyoko nodded, though a flicker of annoyance crossed her face at the intervention. 

"I know," she replied tersely, her gaze avoiding theirs. "But he needed to understand. I can't afford to be soft. This quest is too important."