Chapter Seven

I woke up from my restful sleep and got out of bed to brush my teeth. When I opened the door, I froze in shock.

There stood Vicki in only my brothers T-shirt, brushing her teeth.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm almost done," Vicki stutters out in panic.

I gave her a small smile, waving her off reassuringly. "It's ok, Vicki. Take your time," I said before shutting the door awkwardly.

I quickly got dressed then made my way door stairs and to the kitchen, where I see Jenna and Elena standing drinking coffee.

"Jenna, Elena... do you two know what's going on upstairs?" I asked, pointing upstairs.

"Uh-huh," Jenna and Elena said knowingly.

I looked at them, shocked. "And you two have no objections?"

Jenna shrugs. "He could be craftier about it, at least make an effort to sneak her in and out." I rolled my eyes as I went to pour myself a cup of coffee. "Oh, and, uh, just so you two know, I wont be home for dinner."

"Oh, so you're actually going to do it. You're going to go out with Logan," Elena teases.

"If you mean I'm going to show up and torture him, then yes," Jenna says with a smile. We giggle at that. "And have you heard from Stefan, Elena?"

She looks down sadly. "Not since he called and left me a message yesterday. "Hey, um, Elena. I'm sorry for, um, what I said at the party, there's, uh, something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days."" She mimic's Stefan's voice as best as she could.

I couldn't help but laugh at it. Once I calmed down I asked her, "Are you going to call him?"

"Nope," she bluntly states. "I'm not going to, either. If he thinks that we're fine, then he has another thing coming."

"And you're ok with everything?" Jenna asks.

Elena almost slammed the milk down. "No, I'm not ok with any of it. But I'm not going to cry about it either. You know, I was going to write in my diary this morning, and then I thought: What am I going to write? "I'm not going to be one of those pathetic girls whose world's stop spinning because of some guy," at that end sentence she shoves a spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

Me and Jenna looked at her each other, then back at her. "Ok then."

"I'm fine," she said, walking away.

Yeah, definitely not the best time to tell her that I kept in touch with Stefan.