Up in Elena's bedroom, Elena and Stefan are talking after several days of being apart. she told Stefan that she doesn't know how to talk to Jeremy anymore; they used to be more open with each other, but now all these secrets are piling up, and she hasn't even told him that she's adopted yet. Stefan suggests that perhaps she should open up to him; she doesn't have to tell him anything, but she could at least find out what he knows so she can be prepared for it.

Elena rubs Stefan's shoulder and asks him how he's doing. He reassures her that he's doing much better, although he is still anxious and on edge, but that he'll be okay. They start kissing more passionately, and Stefan lays Elena down on her bed. Soon, Elena rolls on top of him, but Stefan rolls back on top more aggressively. He stops kissing her for a moment before his game face emerges, and he instinctively pushed himself away so hard that he threw himself against the wall, breaking the lamp on Elena's desk. Elena looks at him with a worried expression.

Later, Elena hears a knock on the door, and opens it to find Damon on the porch. Elena tells him she's glad he's here, and he enters, "You ask, I come. I'm easy like that." Elena shushes him and points upstairs, and Damon sees Jeremy eating cereal in the kitchen. Damon loudly shouts, "NO ELENA, I WILL NOT GO TO YOUR BEDROOM WITH YOU!", laughing before Elena grabs his arm and pulls him upstairs with her; Jeremy just looks at them for a moment before going back to his food.

Damon proclaims her room as "just like I remember". Elena tells him to stop messing around, so he plops onto her bed and puts her teddy bear on his lap before looking at her expectantly. Damon asks her if she knows that Uncle John is in the Founder's Council, which shocks Elena to hear. She snarks that they can add that to the growing list of problems that the three of them have. Damon notices the broken lamp and asks her what happened. When she starts to look more uncomfortable, he looks at her until she finally breaks and tells him that she's worried about Stefan.

Damon sighs and tells her that it is what it is; the Stefan she knows is the "good-behavior Stefan", due to him fighting against his nature, and informs her that if she doesn't think there is another part to this situation, she hasn't been paying enough attention.
At the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan is pacing around the library, looking for a book. He appears to be very anxious and wound-up, and pours himself a glass of scotch that he gulps down quickly.

Back at the Gilbert House, Elena pops into Jeremy's room and asks him if he has time to talk. When Jeremy says yes, she tells him they should get out of the house, and walk to a lake. Once there, Elena informs him that she is adopted. Jeremy is shocked that their parents never told her, but Elena is sure that they would have eventually, had they not died. Jeremy asks her why she was too worried to tell him, and Elena confesses that she felt weird about it, going her whole life thinking she's her parents biological child, and Jeremy's biological brother. When Jeremy asks her if it bugs her that she isn't, Elena assures him that he is her brother and always will be, no matter what. Elema asked him about his history project and he said that he did it out of boredom.When Elena tells him that the Gilberts aren't crazy, Jeremy cracks a joke, "Easy for you to say, you're not one." Elena feigns offense and elbows him.

Damon and Stefan arrive at the Founder's Day 150 Year Anniversary Kickoff. Stefan panics and says that he shouldn't be there. Damon tells him to quit being a downer. Out of Damon's sight, Stefan grabs a glass of whiskey from a tray, downs it in one gulp, and places the glass on a table before moving on.

Elena arrives to see Stefan at the bar, drinking. He sets down his drink and waves at her. Elena jokes that he's the drunk high school at parties that is always sneaking booze, and Stefan agrees that he is totally that guy. When Elena asks how worried she should be, he says not to be worried, and that it's only temporary until the cravings go away. He then explains that she should take advantage of it while it lasts before asking her if she'd like to dance. Elena reminds him that he hates dancing and that she always has to beg, but he retorts that it's only sober Stefan that hates dancing; drunk Stefan need not be begged to dance. Elena points out that the classical music isn't really for dancing, and Stefan swans off to compel the DJ to play some modern music.