Chapter 3: We Don't Have To Be Friends

Start from the beginning

" but! If you insist! You see" Tracer began to explain the whole beginning to the end of the very first to the most recent.

" uh.. wow?" Kiriko said, thinking no wonder Tracer said that was complicated. Thinking Pharah practically went out with the entire school of Overwatch but never did anything that indicated that she was a player nor a slut.

" yeah, it's like your close with her but your not." Tracer said, putting it into simpler words.

" you could've just said that in the beginning" Kiriko said, thinking those words fit the long complicated things Tracer told her.

" it's just that... won't she break Brigette's heart?" Kiriko asked, thinking that Pharah might not stay with her as indicated with all her previous past relationships.

" well..." Tracer said, actually never had thought of that. It had never occurred to her in her mind, she was just so swept up in being happy for her friend finding a crush and trying to get with them that she didn't really think it through... oh boy if Winston heard this in his strategic planning class she'd be chewed out on how she's not looking past it to the further outcomes/consequences.

" now that you say that... I wonder if Brigette knows that.." Tracer said, seeing her friend still so embarrassed hiding inside the door of her locker to cover up her failed attempt to approach Pharah and ask her out.

" je pensais te trouver ici" (I thought I'd find you here) Widowmaker spoke, causing both Tracer and Kiriko to quickly turn around and face her.

" miss Widowmaker! Wha-what are you doing here?" Tracer asked, lightly blushing. Because she's got the biggest crush on her. Even though she's much older than her and is a teacher here at the school.

" your test results" Widow said, handing them both their papers back.

" don't get too comfortable newbie, I only made this test easy because I thought your french skills wasn't up to par but next test. Je suis sérieux. (I'm serious.) Widow warned, as Kiriko got an A on her first test with her.

" y-yes ma'am" Kiriko said, thinking uh.. she got an A? Why does she somehow feel like she shouldn't have? Like she should've aimed for something lower?

" and Tracer. Looks like I'm going to have to see you after school today. Your french needs some work." Widow spoke, tapping her finger on Tracer's C grade.

" yes!" Tracer said, out loud. Blurting that out maybe a bit too excitedly or eagerly.

" uh I mean yes, I can totally do after school today for french touring" Tracer corrected. Than nervously laughed. As she looked around with her eyes like she was so guilty of something. When in reality nothing was going on between them. Yet.

Widowmaker shook her head, not understanding kids these days and walked off to hand out the rest of the graded tests.

That's when they turned back to the scene and saw Brigette trying again.

" P-Pharah?" Brigette finally got the courage to ask. Or say her name more like it.

" yes?" Pharah asked, seeing Brigette clear her throat than weakly smile.

" um.. I was wondering... well um... if you don't have anyone your going with to the um.. prom... would.. would you like to maybe go out... with me?.." Brigette asked, very shyly and nervously. Pretty much expecting Pharah to apologize and say she has someone already/got asked by someone else already.