Adding to the Family

*Warning! Mentions of child abuse!*

There are children everywhere being abused in every way imaginable. It doesn't look like there is anyone here watching over the kids right now so I walk up to the children, and crouch down in front of them. They flinch when they see me and back away to a corner.

"Hello. I'm not going to hurt you. Can you please tell me why you're here?" I take this chance to take a good look at all of the children in front of me. There are kids that are fifteen years old, but it seems that there are also babies that look newly born among this group as well. There's fifteen kids in total.

One of the taller children speaks up. "M-my m-mom didn't want me s-so she sold me to here. It's the same for the rest of them."

I give him a gentle smile. "Thank you for telling me. What are your names?"

"I'm Kaito." They line up in age order, Kaito being the oldest. Next is a boy named Aoto, then a girl named Ema, then a boy named Haruto, then a girl named Reina, then another girl named Tsumugi, a boy named Yuto, but the rest are too young and their parents never gave them names.

"You guys don't like it here don't you?" Kaito nods. "How about this? What if I take you guys in. I run an orphanage far away from here. I can be your mother."

"Really? No one has been this nice to us. Thank you ma'am." I giggle at the name he called me.

"No need for ma'am. You can call me mom or okaa-san or whatever you prefer but there is no need for formalities. Alright! Follow me!" The kids follow me and see the males of the family waiting at the door. They all hide behind me.

"Hey, it's okay. They are all part of my family." The kids nod and continue to follow me around. I carry the two youngest children in my arms while the Akaza, Kokushibo, Aizetsu, Gyomei, and Giyu help me carry the other younger children.

All of the sudden, a man grabs me and throws me into a wall. I protect the babies in my arms.

"Hey bitch! What the hell do you think you are doing with those kids! They're my property! I paid their parents for them!"

"Kids get behind me." They run behind me in fear.

"I took them away from that hell hole. Besides, don't say that shit. You can talk to them if you want to mess with me." I say, gesturing to the former Hashiras and Upper Moons. The man gulps.

"Fine, take them! But I need payment!" I toss him a pouch of money and turn to walk away with the new children following me. We walk to the hill where we will watch the fireworks.

Sakura runs towards me and clings to my legs.

"Hello dear. Hello guys! I brought some more people into the family! I found them abused in some bastard's house so I took them away. Please play nice!" The rest of the kids immediately ask the Katio and the rest of the kids to play with them. I see the newer kids begin to relax. I continue to cradle the newborns in my arms.

"Alright everyone. Settle down, the firework show is about to start!" Just as I finish my sentence, fireworks shoot into the sky and all of the kids gasp as they watch the fireworks explode. Kaito and Ema come to sit next to me.

"Thank you for taking us in, mom." Kaito saw with a glow in his eyes. I smile gently at him and pat his head.

After the firework show, we all head back to the hotel and begin to wash up for the night. The children and I traded rooms with the men because their room was the largest room. I helped the children wash up, and gave the newer children some of the spare yukatas I brought on the trip just in case. As I finished tucking in the children for bed, I held one of the newborns in my arms and walk to the receptionist's desk.

"Hello ma'am. How may I help you?" She asked me with politeness.

"Hello. Could you ask someone to go get me nine baby bottles of warm milk?"

"Yes we can. They'll be in your room shortly."

"Thank you." I walk back up to the room and wait for the knock on the door. A few minutes later someone knock on the door so I open the door and see a woman holding a tray with bottles of milk so I take the tray and put it next to the fireplace to keep it warm until one of the babies needs it.

I stay up all night taking care of the children who are new. I feed the younger children milk while comforting the older kids who are plagued by nightmares.

"Mom, please don't leave us." Kaito mumbles in his sleep with tears streaming down his face. I walk over to his futon and wipe his tears away. He wakes up and looks around frantically till he sees me. I smile gently at him and he hugs my waist careful not to disturb the baby sleeping in my arms. I rub circles on his back.

"Please don't leave us." He sobs silently. "Please don't leave us like our previous parents did."

"It's okay, dear. I'm right here, and I don't plan on leaving you guys anytime soon."

Taisho Secrets:

-You are well known in Asakusa, because of how frequently you used to visit, because of your kindness so when the man saw you carrying the children, he thought you would be easy to take down. Little did he know, you were a former hashira

-You didn't use violence because you didn't want to scare the newer kids

-Kaito and the other kids with him eventually just call you mom and call their biological parents 'those people who left me to die'