ΩFighting SoulsBook 1Libra

Balance will be found in the most chaotic of moments. Balance shall be brought by the God of the scales.

Elaine S. Burnett

Chapter 1The scales have returned

The morning in Texas was cold but that didn't bother Kyle Bruner. He had finally gotten his ticket to a new life.

Last week a mysterious letter arrived in the mail addressed to Kyle. It was a simple vanilla envelope with a single name written in wavy cursive letters "Kyle Bruner".

Kyle read the letter and couldn't be happier. Apparently a school in northern Greenland had gotten wind of Kyle's outstanding academic achievements and hoped he would attend their school where they could help him to better himself with new challenges. Kyle was shining with excitement. There was also a small blue ticket inside the letter for Kyle to use the following week to board the train he would later use.

Kyle told his horrible Aunt; Catherine Moore, a single widow with to much money and time on her hands and she was thrilled to finally have a way to get rid of him. The next day his Aunt was a completely different woman. She woke him up early and took him shopping for preparation for his trip. She bought him everything, bed sheets and pillows, new clothes and make-up, huge travel cases to pack his clothes, she even bought him lunch.

The following week Kyle woke early that Saturday morning and loaded his things into the taxi that would take him to the train station. Kyle opened the taxi door and looked back at the house and life he would soon leave behind. He nodded to his Aunt who was leaning against the open door with a cigarette between her badly painted red nails and she raised her hand smiling in a farewell manner and Kyle got in the taxi.

The driver took Kyle's ticket and nodded instantly handing it back to him. The driver started the car and the engine purred to life. Soon they rode away and into the country side highway. The road was still, barely any cars except the taxi's just like the one Kyle was in.

"So, you excited to start school Kid?" the driver asked peeking into the rear view mirror.

"Hmmm? Oh yes. Finally able to start a new life. I have a good feeling about this school." Kyle replied with a smile and starred out the passenger window. The driver opened the window with a flick of the automatic button on his door and Kyle's long straight hair blew softly in the wind filling the car. The industrial bar in Kyle's left ear tingled in the soft cool air of the car.

Hours later they finally stopped at a train station in the middle of nowhere. Taxi's stopped next to Kyle's and kids got out and the drivers helped carry their bags and loaded them onto the massive steam train humming and waiting to depart once again. Kyle knew this school would be magical, he wasn't surprised either. Magic didn't scare him but the thought of meeting new people did.

He took a deep breath and got out carry some bags and the driver the rest towards the train. Some people looked at Kyle with a look of curiosity. But he could only help but smile back. The train helpers grabbed some of Kyle's bags and took his ticket "Find and empty cart." The helper said and Kyle nodded. Kyle turned to the taxi driver and smiled and the driver waved his hand and turned walking back to his taxi.

The train was busy but quickly settled. At the back of the train was an empty train cart and Kyle slowly slipped open the door and entered closing the door behind him. He rested his bags that he needed with him on the railing rest above the seats and sat on the comfy white and blue seats starring out the window.

He felt at peace. Warm and cosy. Suddenly a voice spoke "Excuse me Pumpkin. Can we sit here with? All the other carts are full."

Kyle turned his head to see five tall guys all with black suits and ties smoking cigarettes. Kyle smiled and nodded. The five entered the cart placing their bags on the railing rests and took their seat. Two guys sat in front of Kyle and the other three next to Kyle. "I'm Nick Anderson" the guy in front of Kyle said. "That's Carl next to me and those three next to you are Marcus, Denny and Lile." The man with a half smoked cigarette said again.