Chapter 23

Last time on The The High School Life Of An Anthropomorphic

Meanwhile the girls were chatting and going in the direction they saw Kenji head in when they had all set off to get their prey as they had looked back at him while going off to get themselves some food,the thought of him made their hearts warm as they burst out laughing at seeing each other blush at their loving thoughts.

Kireitsune : Can you guys believe how we're all thinking about Kenji right now?

Tora : Well he really is a very nice guy the way he helped me and easy on the eyes as well.

Jackie : Yeah I may be mean to him sometimes but he's a total sweetheart.

Shishana : You're just the kind of girl who struggles to admit attraction but we understand.

Tsukiko : Right, we've all been friends for a long time with Kenji haven't we?

Yukino : Totally and he sees through my stoic personality and knows I also have emotions.

Chitayna : If other girls tried him I'd make them rue the day they tried to make a move on him.

Hyōna : Fortunately for us we're your friends so you don't worry that we also like him.

Akane : did you guys notice we have personalities like those of the Animé archetypes?

Gina : Yeah we do, don't we? Like for example Chitayna, you're a Yandere but not fully though.

As they were chatting busily they saw Kenji and went to him when he noticed them.

Hey girls, what have all you caught on your hunt? I have confidence that you all did great.

The girls proceeded to tell Kenji what prey they caught although Kenji was not at all surprised, he was impressed by how well the girls did since a catch isn't always guaranteed even for Anthropomorphic animals that are like them and he made that known,after a while they ate and then decided to train a bit.

Kenji : Unlike usual I want you to pair up to train against the one opposite you in your pair.

Tora paired up with Shishana, Hyōna paired up with Yukino, Chitayna paired up with Gina,Akane paired up with Tsukiko and Kireitsune
paired up with Jackie.

Kenji : Okay now that you're in your pairings you can get started on all of your sparring matches.

The pairs all stood opposite their sparring partner and did a respectfull bow to each other.

Kenji :In the mean time I will be focusing on my phoenix powers and doing some basic training.

As the girls got into their stances Kenji went to one side not to far away to train his powers...

Kenji Thinks to himself 'Okay Kenji, focus, breath in, breath out. imagine the flames burning brightly in your palms, the flames are a part of you now, picture them burning, fiery'.

Kenji closes his eyes and focuses his breathing, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly all the while keeping his hands cupped by his sides, in his mind's eye he saw the Phoenix Fire traveling from the fire glowing inside the fire tattoo burning around his navel & as his eyes opened the fire appeared on his palms and around him. He smiled at the flames.

Tora asks her training partner "Have you ever thought about how in nature lions and Tigers never meet?"

Shishana replies to her "Now that you mention it, no I haven't, that is pretty darn interesting".

Hyōna asks her training partner "Yukino, when do you think it is we should all make a move on Kenji?"

Yukino replies "Oh I don't know Hyōna, I'm really all for it all but it may be a bit much for him, you know, ten girls all confessing to him at the same time , I think it may fry his poor brain, he may not be able to take it at all, I mean he is strong willed and strong minded but any person can crumble under pressure like that no matter how strong their mind is".

Chitayna asks "Gina, do you think that Kenji may like us the same way we like him? I mean that seems to be the case.

Gina replies to her "Totally, he is so totally into us if his reactions to our actions are any indication".

Akane asks her training partner for the day "Hey Tsukiko, did you know that Dholes were bred to fight regular lions?" and then she says "I mean like they fight lone lions as a pack of dogs".

Tsukiko then says surprised "Wow that is way cool, I can not ever even imagine such an incredible thing happening at all but I believe you since you as an anthro one would research those things".

Kireitsune expresses joy saying "Wow Jackie, look, Kenji is getting quite good with his Phoenix Fire isn't he? Like seriously, just look at him so easily summoning those flames"

Jackie replies "Well that's one of the few things that I can not violently disagree with, he has a feel for that kind of thing, a better person couldn't have gotten those phoenix powers".

Kenji thinks to himself 'I wonder what the girls are talking about, they seem real deep in conversation' as he looks at them chatting away while sparring with each other at the same time.

Kenji smiles watching the girls talking to each other while sparring, finding it a beautiful sight he chuckles at his attraction to the girls and the blush adorning his young face, he consideres himself lucky to be living with the girls, he sees Kireitsune looking at him and gives her a smile and she smiles back at him causing him to feel his insides flutter.

(Meanwhile somewhere else)

?? : "Never did I think the prospect of winning would be something I would crave so badly that I could basically taste it, but that's exactly how it is now with this revenge that I've been planning for so long so I'll make sure you regret it Akio Shedji ahahahahahahaha!"

(Back to Kenji and the crew)

The talking becomes less and the sparring gets intense,Tora and Shishana are blocking each other's blows with the opposite limb,Hyōna and Yukino dodge one another's blows with great agility, Chitayna tries to use her speed to her advantage but Gina reads her like a book, Akane and Tsukiko are even, kireitsune and Jackie keep surprising each other.

(With Kenji's parents)

Akio says to his wife Asuka "I just felt a shiver run up and down my spine dear, I wonder what exactly it could actually be".

Asuka replies "My dear husband, it is probably those old clan leaders plotting their revenge, you know, something that we have seen coming since the day that you ousted them".

Akio then says in a way that reassures both himself and his wife "Oh well, Kenji and the girls will pick him apart, he doesn't stand a chance, I know he's going to attack, I knew it when I sent them on this survival trip, I just know they are ready no matter what Rizen throws at them when he attacks, they are a united front after all and I'm sure they'll quell his revenge".

(Kenji and crew)

Kenji still stands flashing that genuine smile at Kireitsune which makes her heart flutter, while everyone may think that a guy she likes a lot would not have that kind of an affect on her the opposite of that belief is true because he makes her weak in the knees just by being near her and that is a little unknown secret.

Kenji thinks to himself then 'She has that smile that makes my heart skip a beat, she was the first girl I liked of them'.

Kireitsune thinks to herself 'Oh Kenji-Dono, if you only knew what you do to me you would be shocked'.

After some agonisingly
long seconds of smiling at each other they went back to their activities.