⋆ ⋆ so youngjae

❝ BASICS ❞

❝ BASICS ❞

‧₊˚ stage name: youngjae

‧₊˚ birth name: so youngjae

‧₊˚ nicknames:

yj — self-given nickname
ᕯ while in high school, youngjae started to really hate his name. and after noticing himself getting extremely angry whenever someone called him by it, he started insisting that everyone around him called him yj. which was a name that he didn't love but had an easier time tolerating. it ended up being what he went by almost exclusively until lost boys debuted; when he decided to go by the name his family gave him again.

soso — given to him by his partner
ᕯ when he and his partner first started dating, he was so nervous about doing something wrong that he turned into an uncharacteristically indecisive person. it was months before he was able to make a quick decision about anything and in that time she started to call him by the nickname. it's something that isn't a problem anymore, but in the rare moments that his indecisiveness shows up again his partner and bandmates will call him by the nickname again.

sammy — childhood nickname
ᕯ though he doesn't get along with a lot of his family members, he was close with one of his older cousins throughout his childhood. and it was that cousin (and only that cousin) who called him sammy because in her words the name was 'well suited for him'. it's a nickname that's extremely special to him and one that only his cousin is allowed to call him.

jj — given to him by shai
ᕯ shai has an affinity for giving people nicknames and originally went for yj, but after he realized how much youngjae disliked that name he switched it to jj. there isn't a special reason behind it or a particular connection between the nickname and his legal name; shai just wanted to pick something that still had the letter j in it because he thought the letter fit and that was the only one he could think of.

‧₊˚ birthday: january 26th, 2000

‧₊˚ international age: 23

‧₊˚ korean age: 24

‧₊˚ zodiac sign: aquarius

‧₊˚ chinese zodiac sign: dragon

‧₊˚ mbti type: enfp

‧₊˚ birthplace: busan, south korea

‧₊˚ hometown(s):
★ busan, south korea

‧₊˚ residence(s):
★ busan, south korea (2000 — 2017).
★ seoul, south korea (2017 — present).