Walking around the giant hospital that was Seattle Grace, Florence had determination written all over her face. Well, and a little bit of fear. She was afraid she was going to get lost at one point or another. Near the end of the tour the group of interns were lead into their first OR and Florence was in awe. It was so pretty and clean, she believes she could stay in there forever. 

"Each of you comes here today, hopeful, wanting in on the game." Chief Webber began talking once more. "A month ago, you were in med school. being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you, say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty, five of you will crack under pressure and two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play, that's up to you." 

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

Throwing her hair up messily up in what Florence calls a bun, she smoothes out her new, light blue scrubs before looking around at what Chief Webber called her "competition". Some of them looked intimidating, but others, not so much. 

Like the one guy, who looked no older than twenty-three, had shaggy, light-brown hair and looked like a deer in headlights no matter where he looked. He would die before he made it to be a surgical attending (literally, iykyk). Another girl with blonde hair, no older than twenty-five, looked like all sunshine and rainbows. Florence could tell she would get too attached to her patients and that's not what being a doctor is about - you need to be hardcore - this blonde is not hardcore. 

However, a beautiful Korean woman, that Florence would definitely hook up with, that just finished putting on her scrubs over her red undergarments (because let's be honest, Florence was definitely watching her getting changed - in a non-creepy way) was definitely intimidating. Florence admits that she is terrified (and already in love) with this woman. 

"Okay!" A older resident called over the noisy group of interns. "Martin, Robinson, Bond, Hawkins." 

A blonde sitting on a bench near Florence shook her head as she adjusted her stethoscope around her neck. "Only eight  women out of twenty." 

"Yeah," the beautiful Korean nodded, before scoffing, "I hear one of them is a model. Like that's gonna help with the respect thing."

"My bet's on the blonde." Florence laughed, pointing over to the woman who was frantically messing with her hair in the mirror. "I'm Florence - everyone calls me Flo."

The other blonde stood up from her seat and forced a smile. "Nice to meet you." She then turned to the brunette on Florence's right and asked, "You're Cristina, right?"

The brunette didn't reply, merely nodded before asking, "Which resident are you guys assigned to? I got Bailey." 

Florence was thrilled when she heard she would be working with Cristina a little more. "Good. At least I'm not the only one with the Nazi."

"You got the Nazi?" The younger boy with shaggy brown hair spoke up, causing the group of girls to look his direction. "So did I. At least we'll be tortured together, right?"

"Yeah," Florence scoffed under her breath. "I think we're the unlucky ones." She said before Cristina let out a laugh and the blonde merely nudged her. 

"I'm George O'Malley. Uh-" He stumbled over his words, looking around nervously. "We met at the mixer. You had on a black dress, with the slit up the side, strappy sandals, and... now you think I'm gay."

Florence couldn't help but laugh at the poor man as he shamelessly flirted with the blonde on her left. "It's okay, O'Malley." She walked up to him, getting ready to tease the fuck out of him. "Being gay is okay. Look at me. I'm doing just fine." She then patted him on the shoulder before giving him the death stare, "Stay out of my way."