Chapter 8 - The Western Empire

Start from the beginning

Bill opened the document and took some photos.

He handed it to Eisenhower and let him examine them.

The photos contain images of familiar warships that are docked at the naval base of this "Eight Empire".

Eisenhower: "Wait. Aren't these ships from the Empire of Japan?"

Bill: "Indeed. However, they look very similar to the IJN ships, but have different flags. When we first discovered them, we tried to identify these ships and they appear to be the same IJN warships."

Eisenhower: "So how do they have IJN warships if we annihilated them in the Pacific War?"

Bill: "We speculate that they 'accidentally' copied the design of the IJN warships and created their own versions. As you can see, they have what appears to be the Yamato class."

Eisenhower: "Hmm... I also heard that they are also a nation transported from another world."

Bill: "Yeah, I heard it too. We think they're our old world equivalents."

Eisenhower: "How far are they from the mainland?"

Bill: "I can't confirm how far away, but probably the same size as the ancient Pacific Ocean."

Eisenhower: "Anything besides these ships?"

Bill: "Yes. As the pilot was flying over the naval base, he intercepted a radio signal coming from the battleship that looks like the Yamato. They have some kind of Western European accent, and it sounded like one of the battleships was preparing to launch an attack on a nation on the continent of Mu."

Eisenhower: "An attack with a single warship? And let me guess, they wanted to rule the world alone?"

Bill: "Indeed. And I can tell you that if we try to approach them diplomatically, they'll probably just make a demand on us that we can't and refuse to comply."

Eisenhower: "You're right. We should send spies there to get a lot more information."

Bill: "Also, I heard news from the continent of Rondenius. A spy from an unknown nation was captured by Qua-Toynian counterintelligence during his escape from the capital during the war. It seemed like he was from this 'Eight Empire', or rather 'Empire Gras Valkas'.'"

Eisenhower: "Gras Valkas? Pretty strange name, if you ask me."

Bill: "They were transported from the world, known as 'Yggdra', to this world."

Eisenhower: "Yggdra? As in Yggdrasil from Norse myths?"

Bill: "I don't know."

Eisenhower: "Now, leaving this Gras Valkas aside. We have our concern for the Parpaldian Empire."

Bill: "Right, that Napoleon-themed empire. However, you can read more information about the Gras Valkas in this document, please take this document."

Eisenhower: "Thanks Bill."

The conversation ended when Bill handed over the document and the two men shook hands.

Bill then left the Oval Office.

Upon returning to his desk, Eisenhower slapped the document Bill handed him on the table and turned to the window.

Eisenhower sighed as he felt a bit of a headache, everything was getting more complicated than expected.

Eisenhower: "I'm too old for this..."

He then returned to his desk and saw a certain document.

He took the document and read it.