CHAPTER 1

"I see memories of Winter in Autumn,
I find fragments of Winter in Spring,
And even when it is Summer,
I seek Winter in everything."

- Karina -

Monday 9am (Seoul)

Winter's P.O.V.

It was the start of another story, a sense of optimism that awoke me that morning knowing that today was the day. All my dreams and aspirations were coming true as I stepped foot on the campus grounds of my new performing arts university in Seoul.

It may have seemed trivial to most but I had been dreaming about this moment for as long as I could remembered

It may have seemed trivial to most but I had been dreaming about this moment for as long as I could remembered. I longed to pursue music, to sing and perform on stage, writing songs where I could express myself in the best way I knew how.

When you first tell people you desire to be an idol, as I had many years ago, you often get a mixed response. Some are encouraging, others disheartening but still it didn't stop me. It was my dream and my life, not there's. I knew this was the time to start a new journey, after all it was my passion and I simply couldn't wait any longer.

"Ning Ning I know I overslept! You could have woke me up you know." I complained, adjusting my guitar case on my shoulder as I dashed from the dormitories towards the main campus building.

"But you looked so peaceful sleeping" She replied while laughing. Ning Ning was my best friend, who I recently started sharing a dorm with on campus.

"I'm just running late, I needed to collect my schedule and then there was this cat.." As I wandered along the snowy campus, I felt so insignificant in comparison to the grand building before me that stood likea giant towering down. I was starting at the university later than the rest in the second semester of January having previously been on the waiting list for the past 2 years.

"So you got distracted and zoned out again? That took what 5 minutes on campus? Classic Winter~" My best friend sung down the phone as I rolled my eyes, fortunately she too attended the same university and was in the same department as me.

"It is not! You didn't see how sweet this kitten was. Anyway! I'm on my way, I'll be like in like 10 minutes." I said, hastily making my way along the path as I followed the campus map.

"Okay, see you in an hour then!" I heard Ning Ning joke before hanging up as I placed my phone into my jacket pocket. Nearby on the campus grounds, I approached a vast lake that was glistening in front of a deep forest of trees in the distance.

It was there I noticed another student, sat alone on a bench beneath a sea of evergreen trees beside the lake. She was so beautiful, surreal almost as she had a captivating but vacant look. Her raven hair braided to one side as it cascaded over her shoulder. She seemed to be writing until her attention suddenly became entranced by a single falling leaf that she caught gently in her hand, gazing at it as the snow continued to glide to the floor around her.