27. Inconveniences

Start from the beginning

Instead of yellowish butter, in the glass dish stood blueberry jam. Now he was sure that someone was messing with him. Anger slowly started to boil in his chest, making them rise and fall a bit quicker than normally.

Some other person just wouldn't care, they would spread the jam on the toast and continue on with their day, but the problem was that Severus hated eating anything sweet first thing in the morning. Maybe all he needed was to relax and take a sip of tea.

He reached for the cup, which thankfully was right where he left it, and placed his lips on the brim. Severus tilted the cup waiting for that refreshing taste that came with tea, but the refreshness never came. Instead, Severus was met with something so sweet that he wanted to throw up.

There was no stopping him as he spitted the awful liquid out, directly onto poor Finnian. The boy just stood there shocked and drenched in something sticky, eyes wide looking directly into Severus. Danon and Edmond had their mouths open at the sight while Severus hurried to get a glass of water to try and wash off whatever it was that he just consumed.

As the water slid down his throat, he felt like he could think again. Ignoring the confused looks from his peers, he took the mug to inspect it. It was freaking syrup. Overly sweet and sticky syrup.

Needless to say, Severus was furious. He stood up abruptly, probably red in the face and exclaimed to his friends, "It must have been them! Those brainless thugs!", but as Severus turned to look at the Gryffindor table, there was no sign of the mentioned thugs.

Edmond stood up and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Severus, they haven't come to breakfast yet. Are you sure that it wasn't a mistake?"

His fury just boiled to the max with that statement, "Do you think I am some idiot to confuse tea with a freaking syrup! It must have been them! They are somewhere around here, hiding!"

He started frantically turning around, looking everywhere for the four faces he despised, but there was nothing. Severus then dunked under the table to continue his search earning him many odd looks from other Slytherins.

As he emerged, Severus' face was looking like a tomato from anger. Edmond tried one more time to calm him down, but just as it was finally starting to work, Danon had to be observant probably for the first time in his life, "There they are."

The boy whipped his head so fast that he was sure it will hurt later, but in that moment, there was only rage. Sure enough, the four Gryffindors appeared at the entrance to the Great Hall, normal as ever not even glancing at Severus.

Impossible, he thought to himself. How did they do it? Was it even them? Who else could it be?

"See, they just got here. It couldn't have been them, but maybe someone else is messing with us.", Edmond stated.

Even full of fury, Severus was still able to use his brain. Edmond was right, they would have seen them somewhere in the hall. He tried to calm down, hell he wasn't even hungry anymore.

Taking a big breath, he decided to stay quiet and not confront his possible pranksters. If it really wasn't them, Severus would just give them the reason to laugh at the Slytherins. No, he was smarter than that.

The group of boys quickly gathered their stuff and made a return for the common room so that Finnian could change. While waiting for his friend, Severus thought about breakfast.

If it really was the Gryffindors, there was no way that they could prank him and not brag about it to his face. Like mentioned, they entered the Great Hall not even giving one glace at the Slytherin table which was usually the case if there wasn't any prank in place.